Speaker Advice for Novice

Username: Billie26

Post Number: 1
Hi all. I have just gotten into car stereo, and have been doing tons of research on what would be best for my situation. I just bought a 98 Tahoe 2dr with a 6 speaker setup. Here's my story:

I bought an Alpine 9833 50x4. I don't know if it's too much for me, but it looked cool. The only speakers that will fit in the rear roof are 4x10s, and the previous owner installed a pair of Pioneer TS-A4103. Research led me to believe that these are the best I can do besides some Kenwood KFC-415Cs, but I'm not sure if they are better enough to warrant a purchase. The front doors have a speaker with a separate tweeter beside the armrest. With this in mind I wasn't sure if I wanted to add components and replace both, or just add some 3-ways and have 2 tweeters in each door, keeping the stock ones installed.

So I need advice on deciding between component vs 3-ways, and if I need an amp with either setup, and if so, what size? And if anyone knows of any good 4x10s that I haven't seen. I want a very clean stock-looking setup, hence the absence of a subwoofer.

Thanks guys, and forgive me for any faux pas.

Lupin26

Username: Billie26

Post Number: 2
Update- I bought some Infinity KAPPA 60.5CS Components to go in the front. Advice on whether or not I need an amp (and if so, what size) and what I should do with the rear speakers would be much appreciated.

Lupin26

Anonymous

you can use 2 channels of the alpine amp you bought to run your infinity's for the front and use the 2 other channels of your amp for the pioneers in the back.

also, Seeing as you don't want a sub, I would try to fit infinity 6.5 round or 6X9 in the rear. having 4 infinity speakers working together with an amp sounds amazing.

Anonymous

Thanks alot for the message man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us