A few questions...

Username: Thomps

Melita, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 1
I've got two R-10's in the truck of my 01 Z-24 cavalier and i'm not sure if they're pumpin out as hard as i think they can.

1) I only have one amp, and its a mono class "D" 301 or wtv, is that enuff to push they're limit, or should i get another 301? (newbie to the sub field)
2) Also, my lights tend to dim a bit at the beat of the subs when they're turned up high, of course meaning that i need a bigger alternator,but what im getting at here is - could this be the reason that theyre not thumping to my liking? (could lack of alternator power reduce my sub output much?)

They sound awesome when my rear seat is down but when its up it obviously takes some beat away. So i wanna increase my sub performance so it thumps hard, seat up or down.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 381
You are talking about the Alpine type R's? If so, they are 300 watt's rms each, so each is only gitting half the power they need. If you used a 300/1 on each, that should make a big difference! Then the next problum is if your alternator can't handle 1 300/1, then it will really struggle with 2!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us