Lost tweeter crossovers, need help.

Username: Ooooooooodeal

Post Number: 1
This is the first time I have tried this forum. I am in the Army, so I probably won't be able to check back until next weekend. OK here's the deal.

I used to have a system in my tiburon, but i recently bought an Xterra. I had 2 sets of Kicker R13 tweets, but I have lost the crossovers that came with them. Any ideas on what I can do, or suggestions on replacements?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3174
First option is that you can make your own crossovers, in your case, you need to get capacitors since it's a high pass filter, preferably polyprophylene capacitors for optimum sound quality. They aren't terribly too expensive, and how many you'll need will depend on the slope of the crossover. You can email Kicker Tech support to find out what frequency your tweeters need to be crossed over at, and what slope filter they used. Then, there are online calculators that will allow you to calculate what size capacitor is needed for your frequency.

Second option is to see if you can just buy the crossovers, or buy a variable passive or an active crossover. It will look better and it's a lot easier. Bass blockers make high pass filters as well, they will work with that tweeter and will be easy to install and cheap.

Anonymous

Thanks alot for the message man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us