Hooking up two different amps

Username: Shayadave

Oceanside, California USA

Post Number: 1
I have been told that my subs wont sound good, ie; distortion, if I have two different amps, one powering two subs, and the other powering two other subs? Any suggestions whether the sound is gonna suck?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1400
That is not really true. You can have different brands of amp powering subs. However, having different sized subs will cause some distortion and cancellation. It's best to have 4 identical sized ones.

Post Number: 2
Isaac, since I have different sized subs do you think that it will be a waste of money to even invest in getting additional subs installed? I have two 10"s already and am adding two 12"s?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1401
That is not a good combo. You either have to get 2 more 10" or dump your current 10" and get all 12".
If you have that much space, why not get 2 15" subs?

Post Number: 4
Well I already purchased these two 12's, I am having to really push my wife into letting me to just go ahead and get two more 12's and another amp, wish me luck. If I would have known this before I purchased these two 12's I sure would have gone with two 15's. If you have any tips please let me know, like maybe mounting those two 10's in my seat? LOL wouldnt that be cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us