Isaac anyone please help

JacksonMS
Unregistered guest
Ok lets say YOU have 2 Cerwin Vega SVC VMax 15's what amp would you buy to power these two bad boys. I live in hell a.k.a Mississippi so audio stores are SUPER limited so I would greatly appreciate it if I could have sites. Im only workin with about $400 at tops. So with that said if you had the Vega 15's what amp would you buy. Would you buy 1 to power both or buy two seperate amps. I greatly appreciate it thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1369
JacksonMS, I think those subs are 300W rms. Since it's 4ohms SVC, wire them in parallel to get 2ohms total.
For your limited budget, look at MTX Thunder 500D amp. It's 500W rms @ 2ohms, but you should get over 600w rms in your car.
You might also want to look at PPI PCX and PC series on eBay. Make sure any amp you buy is 2ohms stable.

JacksonMS
Unregistered guest
Alright I think I might have found an amp. To do the job. I found a MA Audio amp for sale cheap. I can pay $269 for TWO BRAND NEW: MA Audio HK797,
2x200W RMS @ 4ohm
4x300W RMS @ 2 ohm
1x800W RMS @ 4 ohm bridged

I was thinkin of bridging both of them. 800watts apiece how does this sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 45
MA Audio isnt that good and 800 watts rms would be too much if the subs are only 300rms.Try to get a JL 500/1 used on ebay you can get good deals on there i think they are around $450-$500 new.

JacksonMS
Unregistered guest
I just ordered the MTX Thunder 801D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us