Custom Kick Panels

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 37
ok i have an 01 s10 im getting a set of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 6.5" components.where should i put them?in the factory spot for the woofer and find a spot for the tweeter or should i get some custom kick panels for them?Ive heard that the kick panels will give you the best possible sound and location for ur comps,is this true? i will not have any other speakers running accept,of course,a sub.will this sound good or not?Someone please help!!! Oh and also if i get the kick panels i could hook it up myself cuz i wouldnt have to make any holes for the tweeter in the door,that would save me ALOT of money!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 60
Why couldn't you cut a hole in the door panel yourself? Most door panels have plenty of depth behind them for a tweeter. If you want to save money and the woofer will fit in the stock door location then I would forget the kick panels and put the tweeters in the door fairly close to the woofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 38
Im not that talented.Are kick panels not as good as they say they are?

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 61
I'm personally not that fond of them as it puts the music too low in the truck for my listening pleasure. Just figure out how big the cutout needs to be for the tweeter and get a hole attachment for your drill that the same size and use that to cut a perfectly round hole in the door panel...it's a piece of cake that way.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3148
Kick panels tend to work best in cars, in a truck your legs tend to block a lot of the sound and you're sitting much higher. Low to mid door usually gives best results in a truck. Kicks can work well in trucks, it just takes a little more work. Stage height is more related to getting the angling of drivers and pathlength differences correct than it is the actual location of the driver. The only thing you'll notice with speakers that low is when the information goes to just one channel, then the height will seem to lower. If I did kicks in a truck, it would be with just the midbasses in kicks, and then I'd use processing (such as time correction and active crossovers) and put the tweeters up high, to lift the soundstage a bit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us