Adire Shiva

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 97
would 240watts from an eclipse 32440 be enough power for a shiva in a sealed box?
i'm guessing i should give it about 1.5 cu ft b/c a larger box allows the sub to perform with a little less power, right?

or should i go with the Image Dynamics ID12 V.3 since it has a rms rating of 250?

looking for something that will hit hard but sq is a must. thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 46
holy crap i would def go with the ID Max's my friend has them and he is seriously in love with them

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 47
the ID Max's pound on a crossfire 2000D running at 4 ohms i know my friends objective is to run tons of watts at 4 Ohms to the ID max;s but i know they are a great sub

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 98
i wish i could get the idmax or the brahma, but unfortunately they are out of my price range. it looks like the shiva, ID12, and the Type-R are my choices - trying to stay under $130 shipped. oh yeah, the infinity perfect falls in that range too. any suggestions for the low-budget rookie? thanks.
J.W.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 99
so is 240 watts enough for a shiva? anyone have any experience with these subs. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 903
yup 250 will be enough for a shiva, i beleive if you run it over 250rms you void your warrenty or something like that

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 414
on the web site it says 650 rms! But thats thermal not what it takes to run it.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 101
right on! 240 watts will work well. what size sealed box should i use? thinking about 1.5 cu ft.
i read this techsheet but i dont really understand "Qs" or any of that. i noticed it recommends using polyfill. is that necessary? doesnt polfill just make the box seem bigger to the sub - cant i just build a bigger box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us