I need help wireing

Username: Casper22hptva

Virginia

Post Number: 10
i need help wireing two amps and a compacitor can some one please help me leave me a message im new to this

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1335
You first need to have power cables wired to wherever the amps are. Then get a power distribution block to connect 2 amps. For capacitor, you need to "charge" it before you can connect. You can do it very easily by using a 12v light bulb. Connect neg to neg on capacitor. Now attach a light bulb on the pos wire on the battery, then the other end of the bulb to the capacitor's pos. When the light goes out, it means the cap is fully charged. Now you can connect it to the amp without causing major spark. Keep the capacitor to the amp as close as possible (wires less than 18").

D.Budy
Unregistered guest
i need color code for the wiring harnest so i can run the remote wire back to the amp and i really dont want to cut the harnest off and test one by one (2000 chevy s-10

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 486
hold on before you go cutting anything! Do you have a stock head unit? If not it is a blue wire coming off the back of your head unit. If you do have a stock just run a wire from your radio or cigarete lighter fuse in the fuse box back to the amp.

monte
Unregistered guest
I am wireing in track lighting.I am going to use a middle run outlet for power.I kinda know how but would like hep on how to wire it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us