Sound Quality

Username: Luc89

Post Number: 10
I have 2 12" flaming q audiobahn AW1206T subs at 1100 rms each, ran by a flaming q 1000 watt audiobahn amp in a 92 E-class benz. Im not getting that thump and pound that i want. Is it because of a poor install job or is my amp not powerful enough.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 339
if your subs are 1100 rms and your amp is 1000 rms then each sub is getting 500 then yes they are underpowered. If you were using a more quality amp then you might get better sound with that power but I doubt that amp is actually putting out 1000 watts rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So then what kinda amp do u suggest i get. And what is the price range im looking at. I paid $300 for the 1000 watt amp. But i dont wanna be spending upwards of $750. What would be the best fit for these kind of subs.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 348
well is your amp 1000watts at 4ohms or 2ohms? what is the model # of it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1295
If you want an amp that'll pound with excellent sound quality, try Zapco, Arc Audio, Orion HCCA 225G4/250G4/250GS/275G4, 2100. They will more than blow your trunk off.
Do you have HO alternator for your current amp? If not, you won't be able to get full power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
James Longo- I dont know if its at 2 or 4 ohms because i had it installed. But I am pretty sure it is at 4 ohms at 3/4ths power.

Isaac- I havnt heard of those brands, but Im positive you know more about this than me. But where could i find some of those products and what price range am I lookin at? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
Zapco and Arc Audio's price range from $300 - $1000+. Orion HCCA 225G4 is around $300, 250G4 is around $350-$400, 2100 is $400+.
I bet Orion HCCA 225G4 will outpower your 1000W amp.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 407
I agree with Isaac. That amp is gained way to high also. Dont try to make up for lack of power by over gaining your amp it causes clipping which send a DC current through your subs and will fry your coils.. Anyone installing that at a PRO shop should know that. Unless you got it installed at Best Buy or Circuit City then they have no idea what they are doing anyways. A orion HCCA would blow that amp away.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Where do i get an Orion HCCA

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 438
ebay!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I know i can find it there. But i dont usually buy alot of things of ebay. Are their any retail stores that sell it. Or websites I can go to to find it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1326
Try doing a search on google. They usually lead to a retail store. Sometimes if you're lucky, to a private sale close to your location.
I just purchased Orion HCCA 275G4 amp today! WOo hooo!

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 451
they are an older discontinued model of Orion. You wont be able to find them at any retailer. Isaac might know of a web site but I bet he would be reluctant to give it up since he is buying them all out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1329
Ha ha, not yet. Once I get my 275G4 amp, I'll hook you up James. He told me he still had 250GS amp and 225G4 for sale.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 459
I cant wait man! Hey Isaac I was thinking about purchasing the 1500XXK arc mono amp you have any expierience with this series or model? It looks like a beast.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
I'd wait until you try out HCCA 250GS amp. It's got enough power to blow most subs away. Remember, that's 800W rms power at 12v, not 14.4v. At higher voltage, you'll get much more power. It is also a fast amp, so it'll reproduce the full bass notes, but best for mids and highs.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 464
alright done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1338
James, which amp do you want? He has Orion HCCA 250GS and 225G4. If I were you, I'd buy both cause you can't get them anymore.
250GS is identical to G4 except it's red. 225G4 is 400w rms @ 12v. It will pound harder than 1000W amp.
What's great about these amps are, they come with crossover and Intelli Q along with the ablity to link multi amps together. Even the pass thru rca isn't normal. They're buffered so that you don't have any signal loss.
Now for the best news, 250GS is $300 and 225G4 is $200. You try and find those amps anywhere and it'll cost way more.
I know on eBay, 225G4 sold for $300.
If you're interested, let me know, if not he's going to sell it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 471
yes I am interested very interested.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 472
what are the exact specs on that amp?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 473
both of them? specs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1343
Okay here's the spec:

For HCCA 250GS:
50w x 2 @ 4ohms
100w x 2 @ 2ohms
200w x 2 @ 1ohm
400w x 2 @ .5 ohms
Bridged:
200w @ 4ohms
400w @ 2ohms
800w @ 1ohm

For 225G4:
25w x 2 @ 4ohms
50w x 2 @ 2ohms
100w x 2 @ 1ohm
200w x 2 @ .5ohms
Bridged:
100w @ 4ohms
200w @ 2ohms
400w @ 1ohm

For both amps:
<0.1 THD
SN Ratio > 100db
Slew rate >30v/us
Damping factor >400
Rca input: 200mv - 5vrms (9v at min setting)
Low pass: 45hz - 5k Hz
High pass: 10hz - 1kHz, 100hz - 10kHz (great for components)
Intelli Q boost.
Very nice amp. You won't find an amp with those specs anywhere for that price.
This is why I bought 3. If I had another car, I would've bought all 5 of them.
Like I said before, don't let the low power numbers fool you. I hooked up the amp @ 4ohms stereo expecting 50w rms and got way more. It sounded louder than my other amp that was 125w rms.
I was skeptical when I read the reviews on this amp. Everyone said it was way underrated. Now I know.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 474
cool man I will take the 250GS see if anyone else want the 225 if not I will grab that also but I really want the 250! how shold I get in touch and make payment? thanks man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1345
I'll get you his email address this weekend. You have to mention my name or else he won't sell. I reserved the 2 amps.
As for payment, if you are close to his area, you can either pick it up or he can ship it to you. Use paypal or whatever means you have.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 475
paypal is perfect. What kind of condition are these in. I am sure good if you bought 3 of them. Man thanks for the hook up bro I appreciate it. I will mention your name. Also send me an email with the e-mail adress dont post it. Thanks. Bnowell420@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok, I figured out what im running. The amp is the A275HCT. Its not 1000 watts as i thought, but have sum subs that it will bump. I still need a more powerful amp, do you know of ne deals or know what can help me out. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1347
From what I've seen, the amps are in great condition. Hardly any scratches. Even the power plugs were clean, no burnouts.
I'll send you email this weekend.
If you're planning to max out the amp, then order 4 gauge power plugs and 40A fuses from eBay. They sell them.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 476
nice I will do that thanks again man.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 478
hey Isaac I still might want the 225 I am trying to figure something out I will let you know ASAP so you can get rid of it to someone else if I do decide not ot go with it. Unless you have someone lined up already I understand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1349
Okay, right now, you have the opportunity to get both.
225G4 will make an excellent component amp cause of it's speed. It'll bring life to mids and highs.
I'll be using all my G4 amps to power components. It's too good to be used as a sub amp IMO.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 481
ok I am trying to order the 4 guage clip right now and the guy I am trying to order from says there is no red GS amp. What is the exact model of this amp so I can tell this guy which plug I need. thanks. also Thanks for holding the 225 I will let you know asap.

Username: Woodbine3655

Nashville, TN

Post Number: 1
hey James i have a question man ....i have 4 kicker solo 12 L7s and i need a good amp to push then what amp do u recommend...i am in iraq fightin in the war and i am havin this work done on my car while i am gone

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 483
what VC are they? 2ohm or 4ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1350
Orion HCCA 250GS is same as 250G4. You can do a search on google and you'll see a picture. Looks identical to G4 except it's all red.
I think you should wait till you get the amp first. The guy's holding it for me but you never know, he could decide to sell to his friend. I doubt that'll happen though.
It comes with 8 gauge plug which is plenty enough to start with.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 488
ok cool I will do that then.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
James, I emailed you with information to purchase Orion HCCA 250GS and 225G4 amps.

Good luck.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 557
thanks man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us