8" subs

Username: Xrichardx

Post Number: 5
Ok... I know you may be thinking "why the heck does this guy want some 8" subs".... but that's about all I have room for in my truck. I have a 99 Sonoma regular cab, and I can't move the seats up to accomodate for large subs. That's why I want to go with 8's because they are only about 4" deep. I am thinking about going with 2 MTX T684A subs in a sealed box, and a Kenwood KAC-7251 amp. (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=10636, http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kenkac7251&store=&catid=306). Do you guys think that this setup will be any good? I am not really looking for a lot of SPL, but I want the subs to sound good with no distortion, and have some thump to them at the same time. Do you think that this sub/amp combo will fill my needs, or are there bettere combinations? I have been also considering the Bazooka NOS8W, but I don't think that one 8 will be enough.I really wish there were more discussions on 8" subs, but they aren't all that common I guess. Please post your thoughts and reccomendations. If there are any larger subs that are pretty thin, can you please tell me, because I do want to go larger. You guys know a whole lot more about subs than I do, so hopefully someone has the answers that I'm looking for.

XrichardX

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 525
if you have a lilltel bit of money look at jls 8w7. also look at resonant engineerings re8. very awesome 8. www.reaudio.com

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 527
if you wanted some 12s that have a little mounting depth look at pioneer-usa.com they have a thin subwoofer that is bad. blaupunkt also makes a thin 12. i would check them out

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 326
I would recomend the RE 8 and the 8w7 as well also look into ID subs very small boxes and not alot of mounting depth.

Post Number: 6
I think that the 8w7 is a little too deep. I have been looking at 2 8w0's though. A guy I know wants to sell 2 8w0's in a sealed box for 120. I've looked at the RE8's, but I can only find them on one site for 90 euros. How much money is 90 euros in American dollars? Thanks abunch for the replies guys.

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

FL USA

Post Number: 271
$117.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 350
stay away from the w0's go with the RE's!

Post Number: 7
What is the mounting depth on the RE10? If I am going to spend more money for a good sub, I want to get 1 larger sub, as I'm on a budget. I'd rather have 1 10 than 2 8's. I am willing to spend no more than 200 for subs. The MTX's I mentioned at the beginning are only $65 a piece, so if all else fails I still have those.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 538
try www.reaudio.com
you can try emailing them at sales@reaudio.com
or you can call them from the number given on their site

Username: Cdj

Southern Ohio

Post Number: 10
Richard,

There are two threads that might be of interest to you at:

http://forum.soundillusions.net

Do a search in the Car Audio Forum for: great challenge
There are two threads; Great 8 Challenge Results dated 01-19-2005
Great 8 Challenge Discussion dated 01-26-2005

I tried to link directly but it won't take.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 59
hey if your still looking let me know. i know a guy who has 2 RE 8's for 105 shipped. ill give you his email.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 396
I believe they are doing a group but on them over at www.carstereos.org
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us