Kenwood KDC-X979

Username: Nnives

Post Number: 2
I am having trouble locating in my manual how to get my head unit out of Demo mode. If anyone could help me out then it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 5
The only solution I could think of was resetting the headunit, which I did. I held it down for 5 seconds, following a second time of 10 seconds and it still didn't work. I could unplug the battery cable but I still do not think that will do it. If you guys can help me out I would appreciate it.

Post Number: 6
The only solution I could think of was resetting the headunit, which I did. I held it down for 5 seconds, following a second time of 10 seconds and it still didn't work. I could unplug the battery cable but I still do not think that will do it. If you guys can help me out I would appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I figured out what to do. You have to press down 5 while you quickly push the reset button. The unit turns off then comes back on and it is out of demo mode. Just in case anyone has a problem with this feature.

JoTee
Unregistered guest
I actually called Kenwood (quickly pushing the reset button didn't work for me). They said you do press the five and the reset button, but you also have to hold down the 5 until the unit turns back on (after resetting). This worked for me.

Marlon
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot Jo Tee, you instructions was just right. I was trying everything else listed but nothing worked but what you said..... You are a genius!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us