No sound from speakers after wiring Amp

Username: Gstevens26

Post Number: 1
I have just wired up my amp as stated on the instructions. Connected to the battery and gounded to the Chassis (I think) all fuses are in place and the remote power on cable is plugged into the antenna aerial wire on the HU. Speakers are connected to the correct terminals. When I turn the car on and fire up the HU I hear a noise from the speakers connected to the amp as though something is turning on but that's it. I get no other sound through them. Can anyone help. This is doing my head in!!!

Post Number: 3
Has no one got any ideas I'm really struggling here!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 11
Does the amp light come on. What kind of amp and speakers are we talking about

Post Number: 4
Yeh the power light comes on when the car is turned on. Speakers are infinity and I will be connecting a sony sub to it aswell. It's a 3 Channel Shark V9 1000 Watt amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Jhick8

Post Number: 12
You might want to check the ground wire. You seemed a little tentative about that. If it isnt a good connection it could be causing your problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 44
Check all input & output signal cables and connections. Then test your speakers with an ohm meter or by connecting to a home system. How did you put the speakers in, where they in a box or somewhere they could hit some metal and ground out? Also what does the noise sound like? Does it just pop or is it a whining noise? Does it do it with the car off and on?

Post Number: 5
I know the speakers work because I had them wired directly to the HU before I bought the amp. They are just in the parcel shelf and no where near any metal.. The noise is a sort pop..

Username: Rsxs

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 3
I did not see you mention hooking up the RCA cable (wich carries the signal that produces music) to your amp from the HU. Did you do that? Cause otherwise all you have hooked up is power! Some wire kits only hook up power, you have to be careful when buying them. Let me know if you have the RCA cables hooked from HU to input low (amp). good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us