Infinity speakers to amp

Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 7
i need an amp to power my infinty reference speakers but i dont know what to get. the components are 90 watts rms and the rear speakers are 60 watts rms. i have an alpine cda-9827 receiver. whats a good amp to power them?

Silver Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 124
i would choose a 2-channel amp delivering 80-100 watts rms per channel to power the front components. the brand really is up to you, but stay away from class D for midrange and treble, and remember that you get what you pay for. i'm a big fan of Harmon products (orion, a/d/s, infinity, JBL).

for the rear fill, i'd just use your stock head's rear channels, or if you have extra cash get a 30-40 watt x 2 amp. a waste of time and money IMO, but some people like the rear speakers a bit louder than i do.

Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 10
any suggestions on a 4 channel amp to power all 4 speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 125
you could do a 4 channel, but you'd be wasting the extra power to the rears - you just don't need that much for rear fill.

if you want to power the rears, a 50 x 6 would be a good choice. you could bridge two pairs of channels to get 100 x 2 for the fronts, then use the other 50 x 2 for the rears. this is the set-up i use.

the a/d/s, zapco, and infinity models look pretty decent. see this link for some ebay deals:

http://search.ebay.com/6-channel_Multi-Channel-Car-Amps_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ 1QQfromZR10QQsatitleZQ226Q20channelQ22QQsacatZ39739QQcatrefZC6QQa14Z-24QQa31300Z -24QQa10244Z-24QQgcsZ1548QQpfidZ1906QQreqtypeZ1QQpfmodeZ1QQalistZa14Q2Ca31300Q2C a10244Q2Ca3801QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearc h
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us