CApacitor for three amps

A.C.
Unregistered guest
YA, i currently have a tsunami" capacitor and it says its for a 1400w amp i geuss. the thing is i think it only works for like up to 120amperes combinded. (if you hook two amps up each 80 amp" the fuses will blow and/or the capacitor will beep)its 1.2 faraday. the thing is i wanted to upgrade to 3 amps but im not sure on what to do about the capacitor. does any one know of a good capacitor that can handle like up to 2500W or a little more.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1195
Here's a guide for selecting capacitors. For every 1000W of peak power, you need 1F. So for your example, assuming it's peak power, you'll need 2.5F capacitor.
You can buy 3 1F capacitor and attach it to each amp.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
Say i do get 3 capacitors can i run all three of them off of one 4' gauge wire (from battery) or do i need a seperate 4' gauge wire for each?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1200
A.C. that'll depend on your amps. Add up the fuses on the amps together and then compare with the 4 gauge wire's spec. It will handle 125A - 135A of current depending on the length. If your total is greater than that, then you will need an upgrade.
You can of course connect all 3 amps to the 4 gauge wire as long as it's within the wire's current limit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us