Spring, Tx United states

Post Number: 3
i have 2 power hx2's and im not sure which amp would be the best fit for it

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 205
I think they are 1000 watts rms?
I don't know an amp that big that is good!
But a 1500 watt amp should fine!
If you want to stick with Rockford get the t1501
If that is to much money... try
Mtx 1501D
Hifonics 1500

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 209
for get about the 1500!
Hifonics makes a 1800D that would be perfect for your sub's.
Be for I go raddling off, what ohms are they?

Username: Colinjay18

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 8
have you even heard an alphasonik amp?

Username: Phil_jackson

Spring, Tx United states

Post Number: 4
yea they are 1000 rms....i was thinkin of gettin the t8002 but not too sure of it. yea ive looked into the hifonics and saw a collosus amp that would have 1200 rms i think at 2 ohms

Spring, Tx United states

Post Number: 5
yea ive heard of alphasonik but never looked into them

Spring, Tx United states

Post Number: 6
those 1800d amps are a mono channel...it would be better for a 2 channel amp wouldnt it??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1198
If you're looking for high power amps, try US Amp, Zapco. They make 1000W + rms amps.
Stay away from cheap amps. They lie about their numbers and sound like "s.h.i.t".

Spring, Tx United states

Post Number: 7
how about the hifonics XX colossus??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1203
That's not a bad amp. However, since it's over $1000, I'd look at Zapco/US Amps/Orion/PPI also.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 484
you could just get to rockford tbd1000 or what ever they are called. you could run 1 to each sub. i think that would be the ideal R.F. setup.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 220
I said an 1800 watt amp, so each sub would get 900 watt's. Perfect for the hx2's! I think 500 watt's would be underpowering them just a little, just my appinion, think you would be happyer with more power!
I have the punch Hx2's, got mine befor the power's came out. Wish I would of wated:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
Do you have any idea how much power 500W rms is? A perfectly tuned sub with 200W rms is enough to be hard a block away. I don't know how you guys can stand 1000W rms. You either have a poor box/sub or a very tightly sealed trunk.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 226
How can I get 200 watt's that loud?
I love bass too! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 47
I am back to starting over because someone liked my power stage 2 sub 12 inch and the RF T10001b more than I did and helped themselves to it. Don't that bring a tear to your eye, I know it did mine. But anyway now I have 2 MTX RT-10's in a box I made and tuned to 36hz and just 100 watts you can hear me a good 800 yards.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
First of all, you need a great sub, then a perfect box for it. Now you need a high quality amp that puts out pure 200W rms. You can discard most of the cheap amps. You'd be suprised how much difference a great amp makes compared to a normal/cheap ones. Logic says bass is bass, but not quite. A real amp will produce a FULL bass note without tailing/fading out. Same thing applies for the highs.
Try listening to a high quality amp. You won't go back.

As for Donald, I feel for you. I hate thieves. They should all be shot. You may not believe it, but every dog has it's day.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 237
As far as a good amp, I am using the Rockford p8002. My sub's aren't the gratest, and I am looking to upgrade as I type lol
My subs are the punch hx2's, and the boxes wher built at a shop, so I hope they are built right!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1215
RF P8002 is not a bad amp. That amp at FutureShop/Best Buy is $899. The biggest rip off ever. I've seen a demo of it, not bad for getting "soft" bass.
RF's better amps are the "T" series. They cost a bit more but if you like their brand, try that.
Orion HCCA is one master piece. I received mine yesterday and boy it is everything as advertised.
It is too bad that they stopped making amps that great.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 241
Ya, that why I didn't buy my amp from BB. I got mine at www.sonicelectronix.com only cost $380.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us