Help me Please

RyanD
Unregistered guest
I am looking into buying new speakers, a new deck, and an amp (if necessary) for my car. The front speakers are Pioneer TS-A1670R, which have a recommended power range of 2-35 Watts RMS.

The speakers that I am looking at putting in the back are Kenwood KFC-6889ie, which have a recommended power range of 2-60 watts RMS.

I am looking into buying an Amp, but before I do, Can I wire my amp, so that the front speakers get between 2-35 watts, and the back speakers get between 2-60. Or will it only add the same amount of wattage to each speaker?

- Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gecko

Post Number: 21
The actual wattage that an amp is sending to a speaker is kind of a misleading topic.
for your speakers you can hook up pretty much any amp 50x4 or less. unless the speakers start distorting or the amp starts clipping (making the speakers distort) you are not going to blow the speakers by using an amp rated for more than the speakers.

Basically the wattage varies depending on frequency being played and volume level and is never fixed. So, unless extreme conditions are encountered the speakers will never take more power from the amp than they can handle,so you're all good.

-Pete
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us