Ported or sealed for kappa perfect

Anonymous

hi everyone, I'm wondering what I should do with my 12" kappa perfect. its rated at 350RMS but I'm only putting 300RMS. is it wise to put it in a ported enclosure cause it would be more efficient or how about sealed box cause the kappa sub is meant for SQ.

right now its in a generic ported box from best buy (futureshop in Canada) and the quality of the sound doesn't seem that great.

I'm wondering what you guys think and any suggestions on boxes for the Kappa perfect???

thanks

Anonymous

I believe that a sub always sounds best when hooked up with speaker wire.

Anonymous

Yes I agree, speaker wire is the way to go!!

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 255
lol

Go with a sealed box. Heard a kappa in one earlier today and it sounded quite well.

Anonymous

bump

Bronze Member
Username: Shivvyman

Post Number: 35

I got two single boxes off of EBAY for my (2) Kappa Perfects. I haven't received the boxes yet because I just ordered them. Hopefully, they will be delivered by Wednesday next week. I got the smaller version, but they are pretty close to the manufacturer's specifications.

If you have just 1 sub, I'd recommend getting this box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5743783363 %26&ssPageName=WD1V

It's built perfectly for a Kappa Perfect sub. The cubic feet and frequency are perfect.

Bronze Member
Username: Shivvyman

Post Number: 36
The link isn't working, just type in: '32 hz' at the ebay search function and you will come up with the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us