Adire Tempest

Bronze Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 31
How do i wire two dvc 8ohm subs to get the lowest amount of ohms possible. I couldnt find a site that would show me how or so. If someone can show me a picture to get 2ohms, 4ohms or so. Please so. Also, what amp is best for 2 Adire Tempest. I would like to see this setup bc these subs are cheap and good subs i heard. I would like to have 4 15's in my 99 yukon. 1 amp per 2 subs. So yeah. Well thanks for your input.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 201
You can wire two 8 ohm DVC subs up to be a 2 ohm load to a single amplifier. Run the coils on each sub in parallel and the subs themselves in parallel.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif
You'll run the wiring like that, except your end resulting load will be 2 ohms instead of 1 (since your subs are 8 ohm DVCs)
Hope that helped.

Bronze Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 32
THANKS!! So 2 ohms is the lowest amount of ohms i can get from 2 dvc 8ohms subs. Now i guess all i need now is to find an amp that pushes out a nice amount of wattage at 2 ohms. Any recommendations. I was thinking about the hifonics brutus 1500d. Exen though it is a little overrated it should be find right? Any more amps around the range would help. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us