Alpine type r help

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 11
i want to buy two 12 inch alpine type r subs but i am not sure which to get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub could someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 130
most people will by dual 2 ohm if there are running 2 subs to one amp.. this is because they can be wired to bring the final load of the subs down to 2 ohms or 0.5 ohm
most amps give there optimal power out when running at 2 ohms

buying a dual 4 ohm sub will alow u to wire a 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load.. it all really depends on the amp that u have or are going to buy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok..i think that i will get the 2 ohm subs so which would be a good amp to power both subs also i want a class d mono amp maybe hifonics i dont know which model thought or any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 135
il recommend an alpine amp cause thats all i do
the MRD-M1001 is 1000 watts x 1 at 2 ohms so that would give 500 to each which would make them pound and yes they can take that.. there are cheaper amps out there tho that will do the trick .. this one retails for 900 us

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 139
I have three type R's... Hard to find the mrd-m1001 unless you do it online. I have an RF amp until my amp gets here... Its underpowered and still pounds my head!!!! Go to woofersetc.com for that amp. Which type R's??? The new model is 500rms while the other is 500rms... so if you have the old do not use the mrd-m1001

Rob315
Unregistered guest
the old type r's can definitely take 500watts each. im getting ready to hook mine up with 2 mrd m501(2 12" dual 4ohm)thats about 600watts each. but anyways you can get the mrd m1001 at www.ikesound.com for like 475.00 or something around there.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 140
I dont recommend putting more than the rms rating on the subs... They will last longer if you use the recommended. Plus they still pound at the 300watts rms per sub rating

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hold on im cofused stan said that the new ones take 500 rms and the old ones take 500 rms so whats the differnce?

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 70
He just miss typed it thats all, I think the old ones took about 200 RMS, so it has been a huge improvement. If he has the new ones then the Amps that I suggested should be fine.

Cheers Glenn

Ps - If he doesn't then he better let us know ;-)

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 253
The old ones were rated at 300RMS(not 200). But you could put like 500 to them and they would be fine.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
im going to be putting 600watts to each one of mine. 2 type r's 2 mrd m501.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us