MP3 playback problems, help!

Username: Isophonic

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a Sony CDX-M8800 headunit which has MP3 playback. However when I try to play MP3 CD's it it just displays ERROR and ejects the CD. It plays regular CD's without any problem. Any help or advice for this problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed

Username: Djr_81

Putnam valley, New york Usa

Post Number: 9
Are the mp3 files normal mp3 format or mp3pro? Most players will not play back the mp3pro files.

Bronze Member
Username: Metalgearsolid

NJ

Post Number: 12
i was having the same with alpine. i used to drag and drop all my mp3 files and make mp3 cd. it would skip like hell. then, i started making folder and then burn it; it was playing fine. suppose you have 100 songs. so, you need about 5 folders which means about 20 songs per folder. try it.

Bronze Member
Username: Phx

Post Number: 22
my friend's sony deck (don't know the model but it's a couple years old, the one with the dual face that flips around) works with some CDR media and not with others, so try a different brand media. i have no idea why this is, but it does the same thing (ERROR screen).

Username: Isophonic

Post Number: 2
They're normal MP3 files. I think I know what the problem is - my CD recorder. The hu plays CD's copied by my mates so Im guessing its just mine that is incompatible. V.annoying!
Thanks anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us