Dynaudio system 360 question power question, compatible?

Username: Chronisch

Post Number: 4
for the dynaudio system 360, of jl audio amps, which will I need to power 4 3-way systems? please help. my other plans for this system are, two 12W7's powered by a 1000/1, and these speakers powered by the amp I need to know. does this sound like a good idea, and what else do I need?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7377
the closest thing JL has to a good match for the system 360, would be a bridged 300/4
that's put ~150wRMS per channel to one System 360 set.
the System 360 does best with ~200wRMS/channel

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 428
or the 300/2, (same power 150 rms per chanel)

Post Number: 5
so you think I should stick with the 300/4 or300/2 or get a different amp?

Post Number: 6
and as for this project, how hard would it be to do myself, and make it look, and sound excellent... possible? no real previous training/experience...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7400
not easy considering you'll need to fiberglass new door panels and/or kick plate pods for this system for proper imaging most likely.
I'd skip JL and find a better suited amp for those speakers.
Try Sinfoni, US Amps, McIntosh Labs, or Zapco C2K series amplifiers as superior alternatives. Tru Technology or Brax are alternatives as well.

Post Number: 7
do you know how much this would all cost?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7416
totally depends on where ya get it done and how well they do.

Post Number: 8
I also have another question. Could I optimaly power two 12W7's with two 500/1's? Would two 10W7's be a better choice, because 12's might push over budget... Would it still be ridiculously loud?

JAc
Unregistered guest
If you want to push some subs on a budget and you dont want to spend a fricken grand on an amp buy a power acoustik A3000b amp. 300 bucks at etronics and they sound good for the money. By the way 2300 rms at 1 ohm. yeah powerful for the money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
great. I think I'm actually gonna go for 2 10W7's, powered by a 500/1 amp, with a 300/4 to front and rear dynaudio 360's. will I need a new alternator, or capcitator(does that exsist?). will that work? also, if I have a large sedan, will I really be able to feel the bass? I want it to feel really strong because I love that feeling... will this do the trick?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 455
If you want to save some money the 500/1 is fine for thwe 12W7. The 1000/1 is actually a little to big. You can also save some money by using the 300/2 instead of the 300/4. You don't need a 4 chanel amp, so the 300/2 will be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us