Problems with CDA-9830 in Accord

Username: Blackertai

Post Number: 1
Alright, I'm getting straight to business here. I've got a '97 Accord SE with an Alpine CDA-9830 headunit, Pioneer 4-channel Amp driving 4 infinity speakers, and an MTX mono amp driving two mtx 10" subs. I did all the wiring with a friend from the Circuit City audio department, and everything worked fine until I replaced my old headunit with the new Alpine. Since the 9830's been in the car, whenever I turn on the ignition, a loud pop comes through the speakers & subs. I've already turned off the powered amp part of the 9830, thinking that was the problem, but it doesn't solve it when it's off, OR when it's on. I'm at a complete loss as to why it's happening at this point, because I've checked all the wiring, which is all still good, and the polarity is still all correct. I'm lost as to why this loud popping noise keeps happening.

Username: Jundi

Post Number: 5
Yeah I had almost the same problem wid my head unit it would pop or hiss when i change radio stations or tracks but i have the 9835 and it comes with dc-dc converter box and in the manual it says not to put the box close to the deck because it causes pop and hiss so i just moved it and everything worked fine but I dont know if your deck has that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us