GOOD AMP ALPINE - Type-R / type-s

Username: Greggor_j_trump

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 1
i have a 1990 ford taurus...All alpine..two 6/9s type-r in back, two 5.5 type-S in front....got a CDM-9821 head unit....looking for a good amp? any recommodations

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 108
Alpine MRV-F340 ..
14.4V RMS Continuous Power 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 65Wx4 4ohm; Bridged (0.3% THD) 130Wx2
• 12V RMS Continuous Power 4ohm; Stereo (0.08% THD) 35Wx4 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 45Wx4 4ohm; Bridged (0.3% THD) 90Wx2

Rob315
Unregistered guest
nice choice

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 2
i was thinking of getting either an Alpine Type-R 12" sub vs a lanzar duel w/ enclosure (cuz its a good deal?) which is here : http://www.electronicheadquarters.com/detail.asp?id=104830

ok this is a discussion in itself:

i read in a magazine that subwoofers could get better power to them if the enclosure was shaped spherical...like instead of a box shape, but obviously when ur dealing with a small space like the inside of a car who cares cuz its already mind blowing but its still an interesting idea instead of having box shaped enclosures a round one might be effective in itself (according to the article a bubble holds more air and a square bubble would pop or something)

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 161
get the type R at least it will sound good
if its only spl u want go for it but it wont have any sq.. a type r in a good ported encloser can get very loud and still sound good

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 3
Do u think that the Alpine MRV-F340 would be good if i threw an SBR-122C alpine type-r sub/enclosure in also? could i use that same amp on the speakers and the sub at the same time?

thanks

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 4
OK...heres the system so far...
Two 5.5 Type-S in front, two 5x7 type-r in back, alpine CDM-9821 headunit...im planning on finishing it off with SBR-122C alpine type-r subwoofer w/ enclosure which is here :
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13203

I looked up the alpine MRV-F340 on pricegrabber and it looks straight so im gonna get that as well....

will that amp be good to wire both the speakers and subwoofer to? any other suggestions for subwoofer or amp? this is my first system ive put in a car...so any suggestions are appreciated thank you

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 170
no it will not its designed to run 4 speakers
run that subwoofer with an mrd 301 350watts x 2ohms at 14.4 volts(the safer route)or if u want it to pound get an mrd m501 550watts x 2ohms at 14.4 volts id go with the MRD-M301 it should be plenty
im not sure if that hu is compatible but it might be able to accept an amplifier link controller - u can control your amp settings from your head unit .. find out cause that is a cool feature to have

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 171
bah i forgot
if you wanna hold off buying the sub for a bit the new type Rs will be out in a month or so
they have improved power handling HAMRS engineering like the type x woofers at the same price :-) with the new one u would definatly be able to run the more powerfull MRD-M501 with no problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 35
go with the type x if u can afford them they are really nice

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 36
go with the type x if u can afford them they are really nice

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 5
instead of paying 40 bucks for the Versatile link plug KCM -122b (i think) ....to connect an mp3 player cant i just use the regular RCA -> earphone jack that came with my home stereo equipment? the type x are straight, but the type r im looking at comes in a enclosure, i cant really afford to buy a type x AND a empty enclosure for it.....

South windsor, Ct Usa

Post Number: 6
oops wrong thread for that last one, my baaaaaaad!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us