Deck install, powers up but no sound

Username: Haseltonk

Post Number: 1
Just found this place, looks like lots of helpful people so thanks in advance! So I bought a new aftermarket cd player to replace the one that was in the car when I got (because it's a pos), but everything was working fine before I pulled the old radio. I slap the new one in and it powers up, but no sound. So I return it no big deal, I figure it's a bad head unit.

So I put the original radio back in (that worked fine), and now I don't have any sound from this one either so apparently I did something wrong on the install. The way it is setup is that there is an aftermarket wiring harness connected to the factory harness so everything is already standard color coded. I double checked and all of the wires are matched up correctly, and the connection between the aftermarket and stock harness are tight with no play. I also hooked a speaker up direct to the deck and there was sound so the prob in in the harness somewhere. What could have I done that I don't have sound anymore?

Could the harness be bad? Should I just chop off the factory one and hard wire the speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us