GlassWolf(bandpass)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 152
where can I find some detailed information on the differences in orders of bandpass enclosures such as 4th order, 6th, etc, cuz im almost completely clueless on what that means, or if its not to complicated could you explain yourself.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7323
here's a good start:
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

that gives ya the basics with pictures.
beyond that I could answer specific questions if you develop any.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 50
glass....ok...got a question...im building a box for my 10 inch eclipse Ti...what would be the best measurement..and materials to use..what would be the best shape..best everything to make it hit as hard as possible...someone said 3" MDF...well is that like 3 inch thick..or what...thanks for all the help..and i want to go into a career like yours..i want to be a master installer...is there a place i can go to learn this...any help would be much appreciated..thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
not only is it 3 inches but that is way to freakin thick. tryin to make it bullet proof? Id say 5/8 would be more like it. just to let you know 3 inches is the average lenth of a pinky finger.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
I think that pretty much explained it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
what would this be considered, 4th order? Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 51
thanks mike...but what exactly should i build

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
And last question is earlier I asked poeples opinion on which is relatively better performing,
2 12" Adire Shivas or 2 similiar Cerwin Vegas and I really didnt get to much info, so what would you perfer?

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
When you bought your eclipse you should have got a spec sheet. This should have the amount of cubic feet reccomended for both sealed and ported enclosures that your sub works best in. Id have to say that a sealed box would in most cases take up less space and be easier to build. Ported on the other hand takes up slightly more space and (unless you know what your doing)be more difficult since you'll have to tune the port, but the type of box you will build will depend on what type of sound you're lookin for.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 790
mike, thats just a bad box, not worth buying, chances are in most situations your better off just going ported...

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
No, thats just a box i found on google image search just to give an example.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us