Audiobahn ABC525T Components vs Infinity 50.5CS components...

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Post Number: 26
I'm Trying to choose from these components for my car but i haven't found any reviews on these components... Which is the loudest system ans which is the best for SQ ????

Audiobahn ABC525T
Size: 5 1/4
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: 35-25,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 120W
Peak Power Handling: 240W
Impedance: 4 ohms
Infinity Kappa 50.5CS
5-1/4" 2-Way Speakers

Size: 5 1/4
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: 55-21,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 85W
Peak Power Handling: 255W
Impedance: 4 ohms

Help Me Please .....

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1101
Infinity hands down.

Audiobahn is junk.

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 28
What do you mean by hands down ??

Are they the best ?

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 15
In SQ the Infinitys would be vasty dominate. If you want dependable sound for years go with the Infinitys. Audiobahn might be able to compete with them in loudness but the SQ and voice coils would slowy die out. If there isn't a cost issue or anything like that the Infinitys would be much better

n8
Unregistered guest
agree, i've got nothing but love for 60.5cs. Just be careful of the aluminum cone, the are easy to leave marks in. But they do reproduce a drum with excellent ability. Please though, make sure you also put a frequency cut off on them around 100-120hz if you intend to push them to their limits. I have more then double the power these can handle RMS and they do start to go bad if you push up to their max and expect them to go as low as 35hz. Honestly they can't do that. Basically what frequency response is how low it can go at any given time and any given Wattage. It doesn't mean they can go to 35hz at peak rms. they just can't ;_; but SQ is absolutly great at high lvls crossed over at 100-120 or so. :-)

kicker boy
Unregistered guest
in reguards to loudness now cuz i know
infinity kappa(60.5cs) , mb quarts , cdt , focal ,jl audio components all have great SQ

but which one of these gets the LOUDEST?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2242
that would mostly depend on the amplification, crossover points, vehicle and speaker location, things like that.

kicker boy
Unregistered guest
96 hatch back civic
Fosgate 750x powerin them(4x 93rms @ 4 ohm) but the birth certificate says 965watts

they will be playin mids an highs

two l5 12" for bass

how should that setup sound??

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2245
should work well. should be in the 140s for SPL with the right box.
ballpark anyway.

kicker boy
Unregistered guest
i wanna know exactly what those w7's are capapple of in terms of spl in a civic hatch back

would 1 12"W7 in a ported box(powerd by jl 500/1) demolish 2 L7's 12" in a seald box

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2251
nah the S12L7s would most likely be louder if they had their full rated power, but the W7 would be a cleaner sub.
faster, more accurate, etc.
*shrug* I was never into SPL vehicles though
I prefer "loud enough" and good SQ to just plain loud.

Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 10
Audiobahn is not junk

they make nice products

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2814
that's a rather vague and subjective pair of statements there.
try backing those up with some objective data?

I'm sure a lot of people would think a Yugo is a great car, too.. if that was teh alternative to walking over a bed of nails.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2815
that's a rather vague and subjective pair of statements there.
try backing those up with some objective data?

I'm sure a lot of people would think a Yugo is a great car, too.. if that was the alternative to walking over a bed of nails.

Anonymous

He sounds like he's just defending the only brand that he can afford. Or he sells them...

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 21
not really

it just seems because 1 person says audiobahn is garbage, then the whole bandwagon comes and agree's

i have audiobahn subs for about 6 months now..

no problems...crisp n clear, nice bass, not sloppy..

i dont know what the fuss is all about

and the only place i heard people say audiobahn is junk is online...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2849
James, give me your phone number, and I promise to call and tell you, off-line, what I think of audiobahn *big grin*

seriously, go to some IASCA or USAC events and talk to competitors in the pro circuits. See what they say. Most of them have experience with pretty much everything good on the market.

Most of the average people I talk to either a: don't know anything about car audio ro electronics, b: aren't into good audio, or c: work for a shop and have biases based on what they sell or don't sell, and what makes them the most money.
This slant will always have a vast efect on the statistics you come out with.

Remember what Mark Twain said..
"There are three kinds of lies. Little lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Anonymous

James, you're questioning an MECP certified installer who says Audiobahn is junk everytime the question is asked. Go the Glasswolfs site and look at the systems, you'll see very nice setups. I'll tell you I've seen my friends subs go to shreds, my cousin used to work for Circuit City who forewarned many regardless of Audiobahns sell tactics, I've listened to many Audiobahn systems after being installed just picking my cousin up from work, I even saw, after being pushed to buy them by a manager, a guy who immediately told them to take out the Audiobahns and replace them, about 30 seconds after firing the system up. I could probably send you a calling list of at least 30 people in one town who will tell you how much they suck balls.

d
Unregistered guest
Check it out, I have a 1 audiobahn 1200Q sub and everytime someone gets in the car they think I have 2. This isnt even the highest end sub and it beats like nohting else. However, their speakers are just the opposite, I just installed some 5.25 and 6x9 and they sound like absolute pure unadulterated garbage. There high end subs are good, but dont buy their speakers. Do your self a favor and take everyone's advice and go with the infinity's which i am going to get very soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us