Alpine, Panasonic, Sony

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 47
im getting a head unit and i need help. okay, its between the Alpine CDA 9830, Alpine CDA 9827, Panasonic MXE CQ-C8200U, and although i sorta regret to say this im also looking at the Sony CDX-M8805X. 1st hear me out. I want a good quality head unit that can power my speakers pretty well because they are competing with a JL 12W6v2. BUT, i also want something that is cool looking, preferably blue lights because I have a shift knob w/ blue LED's and a blue accent light. Green would be the next option 4 me to match my dash and gauges. Also though I want one with at least 4V pre-amp output voltage to send my amp a nice strong and clean signal. A remote is a must have for me and 3 sets of pre-amp outputs is preferable. so basically the best mix of sound and looks, becasue i kno Alpine rules in the sound area.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7304
alpine hands down.
the Alpine 7990 offers a blue display, but it's probably a little out of your price range :-)
I believe the 04 and 05 model alpines almost all offer selectable display color though.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 102
glasswolf how would u compare other hu to the 7990 is it THAT much of a noticable difference are there that many more tuning capabilities?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2986
Actually, the 7990 is strictly sound quality and material quality. There are fewer tuning capabilities on the 7990, less chance of introduced noise, distortion, etc. because you're using fewer components. It comes with Bass Engine(not Bass Engine Plus or Pro). They also want you to buy the $4,000 retail F#1 Status Processor to match :-). SQ there is a noticeable difference.

Username: Campride

Post Number: 1
i have a sony cdx-m600 and i wanted to know what color the remote wire is...i tried the light blue one, it says att on for a second then goes away, then i tried these 2 other blue ones, one with a stripe and nothing happend...can anyone help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us