New System

Bronze Member
Username: Superchevy

Post Number: 14
Im looking to spend aroung $2500-$3000 on subs and amps. I drive an suv so i dont think space will a problem. I want to have the loudest system on the block. Anyways thinks for the help and if you could list the subs amps and prices that you think would be the best for what im looking for.

thanks for the help

Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3
If you are willing to spend that kind of money, you should deffinately look into the rockford fosgate power stage 1's for about $450 each ranging from 100-600 watts rms. To power those you would need something like the Rockford Fosgate Power T15002. Its a two channel amp and it puts out about 500 watts by 2 at 2 ohms. the more power the louder but be careful with that much power, you may need a new battery and a new alternator to keep you car running right.

Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4
If you are willing to spend that kind of money, you should deffinately look into the rockford fosgate power stage 1's for about $450 each ranging from 100-600 watts rms. To power those you would need something like the Rockford Fosgate Power T15002. Its a two channel amp and it puts out about 500 watts by 2 at 2 ohms, and costs around $1100 or so. the more power the louder but be careful with that much power, you may need a new battery and a new alternator to keep you car running right.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 116
If you are spending that much money and you buy those subs.... you might as well just toss the cash in a shredder. You can get Alpines Type X for less than that! Plus its a great sub!!!! If you dont choose Alpine go with JL or any other top brand..

smacker
Unregistered guest
Get mmats juggernauts 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 39
JL is definitely a top brand sub. Thats what im getting. Adire's Brahma, Orion's H2 and R E X.X.X are top quality products as well, but u pay top dollar for them, but w/ all that money, hey who cares. I have heard mixed feelings about the Type-X good and bad, but thats their top of the line sub. Try to hear sum be4 buying, then choose ur amp accordingly.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 40
i agree w/ stan about the Rockfords

Anonymous

Um, the Rockford Power Series subs hit as hard as any of the JLs or Brahmas...I guess they get a bad image since they have lower end subs at best buy and stuff. Oh well... I bet half u guys haven't even heard a Brahma or a W7 and you just go by what other people say...

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 297
But what I have heard is lots of Eclipse's. The T series. Very nice.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 44
if u did go w/ the rockfrds then get the Power stage 2. its not that rockford has low end subs, its just that theres better subs out there. its all opinion when u get right down to it. anonymous is right when he says that some ppl havent heard those subs. Whether u believe it or not tho i have heard them in person. If u want a small idea about a sub then go to www.realmofexcursion.com they have many videos for different subwoofers to give a small idea about wat they can do. Of course tho being in person makes a big difference

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 211
well I have a brahma 15 in my cherokee and I heard my friends grand cherokee the other night. He has 2-rockford power series 1 15's powered by a 2000watt RF amp. I will tell you what. I only have 600 watts going to my brahma and mine sounds so much better than his. His is all SPL. It is so loud that you can barely breath but it sounded like S%$T as far as SQ. So what do you want SPL or SQ?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 791
...buy what you like personally, dont go with what somebody else says, whats the fun in building YOUR system off of somebody else...??? Do your own research, spend your own time...grow some kind of knowledge about it before you go buy...would you go buy a car without taking a test drive, find an audio shop and listen to some sutff, see what tickles your fancy...its YOUR car, YOUR system, Your ears...you have to deal with it on a daily basis...i mean com'n would you dive into a pool without looking to make sure theres water?

Rob315
Unregistered guest
well im probably just wasting my time with someones "dream system" but im bored as hell.
so if i had 3500 bucks to spend on just subs and amp this is what id do. (knowing that youll need an alt.,caps,battery,wires,etc.)

5 alpine type x 12's-$1240.00
5 mrd-m1001 v12's-$2245.00

$3485.00
now that sh*t would rumble. but have fun buying everything else that youll need with it.

woo haa
Unregistered guest
he should get 20 15" super pro's
and 10 of those 1600 watt coustic amp's i see on Ebay for like $50

that would be really loud, sound like crap, but really loud.

woo haa
Unregistered guest
sorry, i meant to say that he would have the loudest system number wise on the block, butit would still sound like crap.

sinister actions
Unregistered guest
I have a suburban with 4 18" Kicker solx subs
and 8 Rockford Fosgate T30001bd amps.
and let me tell you, I now have a new defination of loud and painfull. i literally blewup my windows it's so loud. i had to have all the windows replaced with 1" lexan and my windshield wipers jump off the windshield.
my grandmother would be rolling in her grave if she knew i did this with the money she left me.
I am thinking about entering some sound comps, but i don't know if i want that kind of pressure.

Anonymous

yeah sure you do buddy.

Robbie222
Unregistered guest
haha...how pathetic is he..i dont even know where to start.
"I have a suburban with 4 18" Kicker solx subs"

maybe without any seats in there
"8 Rockford Fosgate T30001bd amps"

sure ya do
my grandmother would be rolling in her grave if she knew i did this with the money she left me...or if she knew you were talkin out of your a$$ so much.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 173
For subs, check out Treo, RE, Adire, MMats, JL, Digital Designs, Orion.
For amps, check out Brax, McIntosh, JL, Tru Technology, Kicker, MTX, US Amps, Orion.

There are many, many good companies out there, but now you have some research you can do :-) Good luck with the system!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 306
what kind of music do you listen to. do you want massive bass or do you want nice clear music. do you want both. if you just want massive bass, i would look into the Resonant Engineering MT. or the brahma exteme or the eclipsew ti pro or the dd 9917. if sound quality the look into infinity or image dynamics. if both than the triple x from re or the adire audio brahma. as for amps i like orion, kicker rockfords are pretty good, MEMPHIS look at the m1100(i think thats what it is called) it is 90 percent eff. its tiny and produces 1100watts rms at 1 ohm. its like anywhere from 550 to 700. its a good amp. the orion 1200d is also a good amp. the kicker sx1250. also look at zapco and us amps.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 307
oh anon i own a brahma and have heard the power stage one. if i was to get any rockford subs it would either be the t2 or the hx2s. daniel...get two of whatever the sub you decide on get them in 12s. the brahma is 379 and the triple x is 405 shipped. the MT is 455 shipped that sub hits extremely hard.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 308
jeff is deff. right we are giving you ideas. that just means you have starting point, from there on if you have access listen to all the subs you can, and then decide what you want, if you live in a rural area then you kind of have to take what is given to you, or take a chance with what you are told on the internet. most of us are trying to help

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
get a quad voice coil RE MT and put 4000 watts on each coil.....16,000 watts on that one sub should annihilate all who dare to challenge you...LOL :-)

Anonymous

yeah annihilate them and youself when the 1st bass note hits and the MotherF***er explodes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
does anyone know the rms on the RE MT? and also, has anyone heard the kicker solo X in real life? If so, what do you guys think of it and what does it compare to?

Thanks again for all the input

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
I heard around 8-9000 watts RMS...D*mn!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2984
"does anyone know the rms on the RE MT?"
It's strictly an SPL sub with no warranty. SPL prides itself on burps, the sub isn't intended to be used on a daily basis. RMS is pretty much a useless spec in this case, the sub was intended to run at tuning of a well designed bandpass enclosure, ported, (any box of that nature) and run gobs of power to get the most SPL out of it.

"and also, has anyone heard the kicker solo X in real life? If so, what do you guys think of it and what does it compare to?"

Overrated. You can make plenty of subs get loud in SPL, it's related mainly to how well you build your enclosure and how you tune it, how much power you run, etc. IMO there are better subs to be had. The Solo-X has the typical drawbacks of an L7 as far as reliability, is inefficient as hell and isn't really good SQ-wise(that's a given). It doesn't really compare to anything, I'll give it that, the sub sounds pretty unique.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 119
Agree with Jonathon on this one... Its all on what you are looking for... A daily driver or a comp system from hell!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks Jonathan for the information, it is greatly appreciated. So as of now its looks like the RE MT would not be good sub for me and the the Solo-X is over rated.Both of those subs are off my list.

What about the RE triple X? Is it a good sub? And also is RE a decent brand, I never heard any of there products in real life and I asked about them at a local car audio store and the guy working there had never even heard of them.

JL W7. Are you paying for the sub or paying for the brand? JL seems to be a little more expensive but if there products are worth the extra money I am willing to pay.

Im looking for a sub that has tons of SPL but also want good SQ at the same time. Are any of these subs i have listed any good or am I way off?

Thanks again for all the help

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 317
well if you did use the mt as a daily driver then they would say about 2000 to 3000. i think in the case of jl you pay for both, but the triple x is better and cheaper. so is the brahma. re is a top of the line brand so is adire audio. imo re is better than jl. go with the triple x. the brahms on back order. hell get a mt and a triple x set the Xx.x for sq and the mt for ... well you know spl.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 179
The triple X is an SQL sub, so if you want something that'll sound pretty decent at higher levels, that may be a good thing to look into for you. I think the Eclipse Ti's and Adire Brahmas are somewhere in that league as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us