Finished my first box

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 285
my first box actually went quite well! the box i built was re audio's sql box for a 12. 2.5 cu feet. it takes up about 90 percent of my trunk room. i need to learn how to carpet it now. it sounded great. not as loud as i wanted it, but the sq was a major stepup from my old box. the only bad thing is that my amp took a shiton my box. the motherfu{ker caught on fire! dont ever buy power acoustik. i rewired it to 4ohms even. and my gains in the middle. im pissed. oh well i made a nice box, its my baby. until i get it carpeted its a face that only a proud papa could love. tell me about your guys first boxes.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1206
haha well my first box...

last year for an audiobahn aw1208t (dont get me started...ugh./.)

anyways, about the same as yours, 2.5 cubic feet internally, tuned to 34 Hz - i also left it bare MDF and it sounded alright

i went on to build a slot ported box for two 11kv.2's which i am selling, a slot ported for 2 infinity 12's, a sealed for 2 shivas, and im gonna build a HuUuUuUge ported box for my new shocker super extreme 15"

ill show ya guys pics when im done :-)

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1207
btw what sub do you have? se? hc? triple x?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 287
i have a brahma 12. i decided that it was almost the same subso i would build a re designed box. man the sq from my brahm brahm was awesome! im going to builing a box for a friend soon, like 2 days. for 2 db +s. im going to build another one for my brahma for just spl. 2.5cu feet but a lil different than my new one.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 486
First box I made I was in 7th grade. It was for an old school 15" Kicker sub. I made the box from 1/2 plywood that had been rained on the night before. The box fell apart in a few minutes. lol! I'm proud to say that my box building skills have greatly improved since my first box.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 104
Another option rather that using the typical old boring carpet is to use other materials that'll match you cars interior like vinyl,leather,etc.
Vynil is actually pretty cheap and is a great alternative to leather,looks a lot like it too. I bought a roll,more than enough to cover a 4.2 cu.box that I made myself by the way, for $25 from a local upholstory shop.Look around see what you like.Painted MDF looks cool as well, just make sure to smooth out the box regardless of what you decide to use.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 290
well the thing is that my trunk is grey carpet, so it would match pretty good. i thought about...or might still do...is do a chameleon paint job on it. they have those spray paint kits for them.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1209
vinyl is SO difficult to keep unwrinkled tho...its not worth it unless ur real good at using vinyl

anyways, im drawing out plans for a 5 cubic foot vented box tuned to 38 Hz or so for SQL with my shocker super extreme 15" sub

gonna run it with a thunder1501d amp until i can get new alternator and a visonik v4000xd amp (will be hitting 154+ dB) with a single 15 :-)

i wanna carper it so it doesnt slide around in my trunks but eh thinkin about bolting it down because of sheer weight it will have..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us