IPOD?

Username: Stardumb

Post Number: 9
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to successfully install an iPOD running through the headunit as it's amp. I have a Sony CDX-M8805X and was wondering how I could acheive this, so I'm not stuck listening to FM quality sound with my iPOD. I was wondering if I could somehow run it as my AUX device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

circumflex
Unregistered guest
The Sony CDX-M8805x (good choice, btw) has aux audio in RCA jacks in the rear of the HU (red and white female jacks) that will connect with your iPod using an 1/8" mini jack (plugs into your iPod) and running that directly into your aux audio-in RCA jacks in your HU. You can pick up one of these at radio shack for like $5.

FM transmitters suck.

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 51
yeah thats what you do. what you wanna do though is get someting that givies you an audio out jack throughh the dock connector on the bottom not through the headphone's output. the best solution is the Belkin Auto Kit which both charges your ipod and plays it on your headunit with that extra cable mentioned above. I personally bought that belkin kit i mentioned, a belkin y-audio jack, and then had it professionally installed all hidden away.

Username: Stardumb

Post Number: 10
thanks so much guys. much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us