Hey type R owners?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 159
How would a Alpine type R SWR-1521D sound with about 500 waats to it. I have never heard the type r's but I have read good things from you guys about them. What is a good box for this sub It only gives sealed specs on the alpine website but it says it is capable of doing sealed,ported, bandpass. Also what kind of Spl has been achived by one of these with the recomended RMS power of 500 watts. How will this compare to a REXXX, Brahma,IDQ 15,JL 15w3v2,ECT..... thanks guys.
James

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 164
I was just looking at the recomended retail price of the 15 type r and it is $400. pretty close to the brahma and the REXXX. So how does it compare to these?

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 113
http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=204&1=211&2=1093

230 Dollars for the 15.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 294
Yeah, 400 sounds really expensive for a 15" Type R.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 187
thats what it says on alpine's web site for retail price was $400. I kow you can get it cheaper on-line but that wasnt what I was asking. I figured that since alpine put a price of $400 on it was it anywhere close to the REXXX,Brahma,ect.... just because thats what they are priced about from the dealer as well.
James

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
I have 2 10" alpine type r's in my car. They are pretty decent, nothing special, but decent pretty good subs. Anyway not to be putting the type r down but i havent heard the rexxx or brahma but those subs are in a way different class and would most likely blow away the type r. It would prolly compete with the w 3 maybe. However Im pretty sure all of alpines rms ratings are 300 rms for all the type r's no matter what size.

vc
Unregistered guest
The Type R is a good sub. However, if given the choice I would go with Resonant Engineering'sXXX.

I have heard the type R in a sealed and ported enclosure, not in bandpass. They both sounded great. It's a good sub and it kicks hard. As far as the specs, if you're building your own box, go with the recommended volume, or buy one close to somewhere in the middle of the given mins and maxes.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 189
yeah but I only have the power to power 1-brahma where I could power 2 typr r's or IDQ's so I thing the 2 would be louder than 1 and the SQ wouldnt be that far off.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 94
and those of u into alpines stuff check out the new type R's 2005 lineup of speakers and subwoofers www.alpine-usa.com

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 36
I have (2) 10" type R's and I'm putting a little over 400 into each and they sound great.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 190
in what type of enclosure sealed/ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 38
In a sealed enclosure (0.70 for each sub)

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 42
i have 2 ALpine TYPE R's 1241d's powering them with a Rockford fosgate 500.2 Amplifier in sealed enclosuer. All i can say is that my nose trembles and i love free massages. These subs can really really ( POUND ) Alpine is
(( Top Notch )) I guess 15''s would kill your ear. =-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 97
i just wired up one of my 12" r's today with the mrd m1001 it pounds harder than 2 of my old type s subs cant wait to get them all in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us