Glass what box do you think i should build

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 478
Well after all that trouble of getting my amp hooked up to my pair of 15" kicker comps my parents said that they have to go. So I'm going to get a single 12" Kicker CompVr. I can't decide what box I want to put it in though. It will either be a 2.25cuft vented box tuned to 31hz or a 1.7 cuft sealed box. I ran WinISD and the ported box has a great deal more output but I've never tuned a vented box this low. Will it still have that quick, snappy bass for rock music? I know it will play the deep notes well in that vented box also for rap. Just kind of curious what your opinion is.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7249
ported is more responsive actually. I'd go that route.
what was the parents' issue with the subs?
space?
the volume?

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 480
Alright I'll try the ported. Well their issue is that the car is falling apart lol. The windsheild flexes a good 1/4 inch when the bass is pumping and the dodge emblem on the hood fell off. It's a 2001 Dodge in Intrepid. I'm still trying to convince them to let me keep them. They don't mind when I listen to rock music in the car but they hate rap. They're pretty cool about the whole thing i guess. I have no trunk either and my mom don't like the fact that if I ever got a flat I could never access my spare if I needed to. I still might be able to hold onto these subs but I doubt it. Thanks for telling me which box you thought would be the better of the two.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7275
get AAA and a cell phone.
get a flat, call a tow truck. :-)

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 482
haha good idea. Have you seen the new JL Audio W1v2 yet? If I have to get rid of my subs I was thinking of maybe even going with the 13" model.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7292
depends what you're willing to spend.
you could go with a single RE 12" SE or SX sub and see how that does for you.
much less space, good in a ported box, takes a fair amount of power and delivers.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 485
I wanted to stay at 400 rms because I do not want to get a new alternator. I'm gonna try and keep my subs. That bass sounds so awesome with them double bass kicks. I was actually suprised that them 15's were as accurate as they are. A pair 10's does have a lot more punch though but i like that loud, deep bass. Just a preference I guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us