System Recomendations (sorta...)

cotizi
Unregistered guest
Ok.. Im looking at replacing my 3 year old sony cdx-ca700x head unit, with probably a 9830 or 31 alpine unit. I also just purchased some 6x9 infinity 3-way kappas for the rear (i have a 96 accord). I also have a 12" db drive speed series sub @ 350W RMS. The Sub amp is a two channel SS200.9 Autotek amp which puts i think 75W 4ohm per channel, and 100W at 2 ohms. it is currently bridged over both channels....ok time for the questions....

My most noobish question is....how do u know what resistance load im running to the sub and speakers?? next,

I wanta power the 6x9s with an amp...the one i currently have supports tri-mode...so technically from what i understand i could run the 6x9's on their own channels and then bridge the sub over both channels....however it would be nice to have independent control over the back speakers and the sub so i was thinkin of getting a 4 channel amp and running two channels with the 6x9's and bridging the sub over the other 2. the other option is two amps i suppose but i dont know how much more work it is to install that rather than jsut replace my existing amp... o by the way my fronts are stock. its an EX so it has the 5 1/4 in the door and tweeters on the dash. Any help would be appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us