Box for RE X.X.X or Brahma 12"

Username: Kronik

Post Number: 4
I think I've chosen to get one of these two subs. Now, I was considering heavily the P4S Snail Shell but after doing some more research, I've decided I don't want to purchase from them.

I don't want to build my own box; I'd like to learn but I don't want to screw it up and I want a good enclosure. If anyone can tell me, is there a place to get a comparable enclosure to the Snail Shell? Or perhaps a good 2-sub box in which I'd place some MTX 8500's, 12".

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 268
look at www.reaudio.com look under tech and then enclosures they should give you specs. its 2.5 cu feet

Anonymous

So what sub are you asking about again?
REAudio and AdireAudio have specs on boxes for their subs.
Adire also recommends http://www.subzeromfg.com/aseries.htm for prebuilt. They look solid, but have that hefty price tag that like p4s make you want to build your own box.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 270
making boxesisnt too hard. if you suck at cutting then just have home depot or lowes do the cutting. i actually did that today. it took like ten minutes. as long as ytou have the right measurements. its not hard.

for that re box i told you about these are the measurements for it. at least i hope! i havent put it together yet but everything was lining up

12x22-end piece
12x22-other end piece
33x12-front piece with 11.15 diam. cut out for sub
36x12-back piece
36x23.5-top
36x23.5-bottom
23x12-inside port piece-h
12x12-inside port piece-g

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 277
did this help you at all?

Post Number: 6
Yes it did. How much did you pay for your X.X.X.? I see the Brahma 15" for 439.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 31
has anyone had problems e-mailing RE? I tried to e-mail them and ask them the price of a 15 X.X.X and i got a return that said sales@respl.com isn't a domain or whatever? did you guys just call them to find out prices and information?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Try calling them(Nice People), They've been having sum issues with the whole online thing latly...

Anonymous

It's probably sales@reaudio.com now, but give them a call. I talked to someone right away. It took a little longer than normal because they're at CES in Vegas this weekend.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 278
oops damn it. i gave you the specs for the box for a 12. i always think that people are talking about a 12. im soooooo sorry. i m almost done with it though, looking good. its my first box that i have ever built.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 279
i paid 379 shipping included. that was for my brahma 12. i thought since the subs are almost the same i will build this box. sorry again

Post Number: 7
Don't be sorry, I made the change to a 15" after this post had gathered some steam. Might have to back it down to a 12" though if I actually want some semblance of a trunk in my 99 Camry.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 300
well this box barely fits in my infiniti g20. it is massive. this is an sql box. it will not have super thumping bass but it will make your sub sound very clear.

Post Number: 8
I plan to build a SQL box; I want the loudness but SQ as well.. I think SPL would be too much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us