Infinity vs. pioneer, which better buy for my money?

tips
Unregistered guest
ok, im looking to replace the crappy, blown factory 6x8 speakers in my car. ive got it down to two:

the pioneer TS-A6870R
3-way
220 Watts max/ 50 RMS

the Infinity Reference 6802cf
2-way
180 Watts Max/ 60 RMS

it seems to me that the pioneers would be better, them being 3way, and more max, but i also know about infinity's rep with good speakers. im just looking for durable, CLEAR, loud speakers. would i hear clearer with simple 2way infinitys as apposed to 3way pioneers?

tips
Unregistered guest
hmmm... would it be better to put the pioneers in the front, and the infinitys in the rear? just a thought...

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 112
I have those exact Infinity's and they are great man for an improvement over stock. I've never heard the Pioneers before but Infinity makes some underated speakers. Peak power means abosolutely nothing so you always look at the RMS rating. If you're going to run the speakers off of the deck only then neither will sound better because they're not being pushed to their full potential. I mean go out and listen to them both and see what you think is better. Bring a CD that has songs with a large variety highs and lows in them and see what you think sounds better. I like to test speakers with real life sounds like for example fans clapping on a Live album because you know what clapping really sounds like in real life. That kind of idea!

tips
Unregistered guest
i was reading reviews, i heard those infinitys dont hit bess very well, at all. and they have terrible bass quality. what HU do you have, and are you using an amp? how does your bass sound?
i might decide to run the speakers off an amp soon.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2950
Poor bass usually equals a poor install. They'll put out some good midbass, but no speaker will replace a subwoofer if that's what you're after. 6x8's tend to suck for SQ anyway, I usually recommend getting an adaptor and using 6.5" speakers, or 6.5" components in that 6x8 location. IMO the Infinities are better, but of course you should listen and see what you like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us