Flysamurai
Unregistered guest
You open the garage one day, and this is what's in it:

Acura RL with stock 5.25" front and 6x9" rear
Focal Utopia 165W(6.5")
JL amp 300/4
IDMAX 12" in sealed subzone box
JL 12w7 in HO Box
Zapco C2K 9.0 amp(modified to 3000w max)
JL amp 1000/1

You opinions are greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2939
I'd sell the Acura, the Focals, the JL amps, and the 12W7 on ebay. Then, I'd go buy the car I really want, put Dynaudio 240 Esotar components in it off a Zapco C2K 6.0 amp (bought with the money I made) and put the Zapco C2K 9.0 amp I kept on that ID max. :-)

If that's not the response you wanted to hear, the best case out of what you have would be to mod the front doors, install the 6.5" speakers, run those off the 300/4 bridged. Then, choose whatever sub you prefer (I like the ID Max) and run it off the Zapco amp.

flysamurai
Unregistered guest
Dear Jonathan,
I remember you said somewhere that too much watts would cause subs to distort at high volumes.
How would you pair the Idmax with the 3000w zapco?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 987
Whoa, first of all, is that even your car to sell? I'd like to find a car one day in my garage too.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 114
You say it has 300 watts max. Well max usually means peak power which is a bullshit rating anyways. You need to look at the RMS wattage rating and see how that compares to the subs. If it is slightly higher this is good because you can turn the amp half way up in gain and still have nice bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us