Are Dyn's TOO accurate for my system?

jphilly
Unregistered guest
I want to have a great sounding system, but no so great that its going to make my music sound bad.

I want to be able to use the alpine ipod adater with an alpine deck (I was looking at the 9835) and be able to play my music using the ipod, but I don't want to hear artifacts in my music or other results of playing compresssed audio. The reason is that I have spent over 300 dollars at the itunes music store and all of that money goes to waste if it sounds bad in my car. Keep in mind that these arent crappy mp3's, they are high quality AAC coded files being played off the ipod which is directly connected to the receiver via the ipod adapter.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has used itunes music store to purchase their music and has played it on a pair of dyn gt's, or any dyn speaker set for that matter. Is it too much speaker for it, or do they sound good.

Anyone that can help me out on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2929
As long as the MP3s are well recorded, they'll be fine. You'll still tell a difference between MP3 and CD Audio, but it isn't going to sound revolting if that's what you're wondering. It depends on your ears a lot as well. The speakers are extremely neutral, so you hear a lot of subtleties that other lesser speakers wouldn't put out as much. I haven't heard I-pod setups in cars yet, but I have heard a ton of MP3s of differing qualities, I'm sure the I-pod will be just as good or better, at least I'd hope so since you're paying for it.

jphilly
Unregistered guest
awesome, I think I'm going to go ahead and get them then. Unfortunatly my closest dealer is 2 hours away, but it'll be worth the drive. Thank you very much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us