Recommendations for a HU

Bronze Member
Username: Nysteelers

Post Number: 85
I think im going to upgrade my headunit now. I currently have a hifonics 1500D amp with 2 12" kicker L7's in a sealed box. I have a crappy pioneer headunit that was in my car when i bought it. Im looking to spend about 200 shipped or preferably less on a head unit to gimme some more slam. What would you guys recommend here?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 160
alpine, jvc, panasonic, clarion are all good brands. check on ebay.com and buy from a good seller.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
what models specifically would you recommend? i was lookin at some of the alpines, and they looks alright

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 28
i was able to get the Alpine CDA-9827 off ebay brand new for a little less than $210 shipped.

before I had a crappy Sony aftermarket HU, and now it makes my interior speakers(infinity 2-ways) sound much better IMO...especially the highs

also like the functionality and features it comes with

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 177
Eclipse is also a great brand for HU's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
yea i think im gunna go with the alpine 9827

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 166
Sounds nice. I think you will be happy. Can't go wrong with Alpine. Eclipse too.

Bronze Member
Username: Hassan

Post Number: 27
hay bricu my brother just bought the CDA-9827 i was wondering if you knew if it has a hpf and if you could adjust the highs and mids from the HU my pioneer has them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us