Walmart Durabrand 6.5" DVD mobile player PVS1680

Username: Texaca

Post Number: 10
Has anyone seen or heard or has any feedback on a mobiel DVD unit sold at WalMart, under their brand name: Durabrand...

see link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=62055&dept=3944&product_id=236095 6&path=0%3A3944%3A62055%3A62056

they unit is regular $186, even at this price its cheaper than most units on market, but I've seen them on clearance for $172...

Just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the unit...

-- thx, Alfredo

MJMcQ
Unregistered guest
We bought one after Thanksgiving. Works fine. We've used it in the car and pluged in the house. Picture is good, sound is good. We're happy and found it money well spent.

Wendy
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the battery life of the Durabrand mobile DVD player?

Unregistered guest
Sorry Wendy, there is no internal Battery in the Durabrand Mobile DVD. It connects via an adaptor to your car's cigarette lighter, so any 12V external power source with a cigarette lighter jack may be used.
The Player is awesome, we use it in the car, at home (with included AC adaptor)and in Hotel rooms. It is portable and goes where ever the kids go.

Unregistered guest
Can anybody tell me the web-site address for "Durabrand"? The reason I need it, is my youngest son, who is two years old, kicked the dvd door and it broke off. So, I need to write the company and see if I can get a replacement. By, the way, it works great, and the picture is also good for the type of unit it is.

Unregistered guest
I just saw the mobile DVD player but now Walmart has it at 287 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do someone knows where I could get a better deal??

scotiabay
Unregistered guest
durabrand customer service
www.18002526123.com or

Unregistered guest
I live in France and I'm interested by a PSV 1960 Portable DVD. I think I can get it via Ebay.One question though: could someone confirm if it is compatible for "ZONE 2" DVD's (Europe.
Many thanks.

Unregistered guest
I have a scratch in my DuraBrand PVS1680
does anyone know where I can have it repaired or perhaps what to use to fix it or at least clean it up. thanks

Anonymous

Durabrand is not a good choice. And you can have it fixed at a local TV repair shop.

Unregistered guest
Has anyone had a problem with their Venturur portable DVD player. I brought one from Walmart last Thanksgiving and used it three times and now it does not work. I get a sound, but no picture. Has anyone else has this problem?

mumbles
Unregistered guest
i am trying to hook up my dvd player in my truck but it seems to me as if the dim cord is to sort because i am trying to tuck it away neatly is there a way to order a longer cord lets say about 12 to 15 feet.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to hook up my DURaBand to our Sanyo and i need a code to set to the tv remote.Also is this unit compatable to my Sanyo.Please let me know.

Unregistered guest
Received a DVS with speakers that keeps saying "Invaid Dsc" What does that mean??

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 47
no offense, but you people are cheap. Wal-mart, give me a break. I would love to blow up every wal-mart in the world. To bad that it is illegal to do it. I guess that i will just have to dream about doing it. I use to work their, forgive me for sounding hostile.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
no offense, but you people are cheap. Wal-mart, give me a break. I hate wal-mart and i feel sorry for everyone who has worked there. I use to work their, forgive me for sounding hostile.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
disregard my second to last post. I was thinking about what it was like to work there and i got angry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
disregard my second to last post. I was thinking about what it was like to work there and i got angry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
my comps acting up, sorry about all of the double posts.

Unregistered guest
Also looking for answer to "Invalid Disk" question.... mine does same thing. Plays CD's just fine.

Niki327
Unregistered guest
I purchased the "Durabrand Car DVD Player With Two 6.2" Screens, Car Kit & Bag, PVS1960" at walmart for $278. we were going on a 3 day car trip and i needed something to keep the kids occupied. i had to order it online @ walmart.com because they didnt have any in stock at the local walmart. i recieved the box within 24 hours of placing my order!!! it was awesome!
we hooked it up with no trouble. it was very common sense. we use it almost every time we get in the van, even if it just to take the kids to school. they love it that much. they dont have to fight over who is sitting closer to the tv, since they both have a screen right in front of them. i can also hook the PS2 up to one of them and they can play games. this is the best investment we have made considering electronics. i was very hesitant because of the cost, it is by far less expensive then the other leading car dvd's. but we have not had any problems with it, its perfect! highly recommended!

Anonymous

Aaaah yes... $278 is the mere price we will pay to not have to raise our children to be observant to their surroundings in the car... Bummer for them, they're missing quite a bit..

Anonymous

Aaaah yes...I so envy those with nerves of steel and the patience of saints. Or maybe it's those whose angelic children are mesmerized by sights of passing automobiles, traffic lights, highway signs and billboards, telephone poles, the occasional cow or tree if you're passing through the country...I suppose it's those people I should envy. I certainly don't justify sitting my kids in front of a movie or video game every second I get the chance, but sometimes we all need to occupy our minds (or our children's) with something simply entertaining. My children spend hours a day at schools where kindergarteners are allowed a mere ten minutes of outdoor recess/exercise due to higher demand for test scores. Then they come home with at least 30 mins (1st grade) to 90 minutes (8th grade) of homework each night. We save our truly meaningful talks for bedtime after reading our nightly story. So give me a break, not everyone who buys a dvd player for their car is looking to constantly escape the demands of "raising their children to be observant of their surroundings". Everything in moderation...that's my motto. Bummer for the kids whose parents are such extremists, if you ask me.

kcurry72
Unregistered guest
Anonymous #1
Very funny how you leave your name as "Anonymous"... and thank you, Anonymous # 2 for your comments. Sounds like either someone doesn't have any children ... or they could be the children of a drill sergeant. Anyway, what are they doing posting comments here if they don't own a portable dvd player? Hmmmmmm

Unregistered guest
Is this Multizone? can play DVDR? I will like to use it for presentations and I burn the presentation on a DVDR.

I live in Costa Rica, so that is why I need to know before I prchase it.

Thanks

ALF TX
Unregistered guest
Doesn't the Duraband with 2 screens come with a battery also? Thinking of buying one for my kids. No problems with bumpy roads

Lopie
Unregistered guest
Thinking about getting the $298.00 version for our family, which includes two young boys. For 20 bucks more, it comes with a rechargeable battery.

Anonymous

mine broke ,lasted about 3months.IT WONT POWER UP AT ALL!

Anonymous

i have a question about the durabrand is it able to run at anytime with our being pluged in?

Anonymous

do the durabands from walmart always have to be pluged in or can it go with out a batery sometimes

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 40
"everything in moderation." great quote.

Anonymous

This DVD player is junk. I would advise you not to buy it. Mine lasted about 4 months. Buy a better brand, not Durabrand or Venturer.

Unregistered guest
Is there a possibility to change this system from an area code 1 to either area code 2 or in respect to this to a codefree system? Does someone has a clou? Thanks for an answer

Anonymous

I bought this dvd player also, and I agree, it is junk. I bought in in June, played it about 5 or 6 times and now it won't work. What a waste of money. I think we should complain to Durabrand.

Unregistered guest
I bought one and it was really nice for about 4 months. I bought it on the internet at Walmart.com. Thought that I was being very careful with it but it died anyway. I started it one day and something on its insides fried. The DVD will spin but no image goes to the two screens. Save your money and get a NAME BRAND MOBILE UNIT.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a web address, street address, or even a telephone number for either Durabrand or Venturer? My husband ran over the remote control for our portable car dvd player and I would really like to get a replacement.

Anonymous

buy a new one, take out the remote, return it at a busy time.

free remote.

Fournier
Unregistered guest
I thought about buying one of those but I figured (based on my past purchases from wal-mart) to spend my money on a more trusted one. For those of you whose unit just wont power on, try to check the fuse in BOTH of your fuse boxs. I have two seperate cigarette lighters in my Vehicle so I'm not sure about yours. If the screen refuses to play images check the cord connections; if the screen is a flat black color it is not getting power, if it has some resolution to it but will not play a full picture try to exchange it at wal-mart. and I love the free remote idea, that was awesome

Anonymous

I have a PVS 1680 that wouldn't power up. I took the back of the unit off and found a small 3.15 amp slow blow fuse that was blown. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a pack of 4 for $2.79, replaced the bad fuse and now I have a great working portable DVD player.

Anonymous

i was thinking of buying that Durabrand with the 2 sreens, and based on what you guys said...i donno so someone be really clear, should i get this so both my kids can watch a movie quietly without making a fuss on who has the better view or buy a REAL brand DVD player and not worry about the quality of the DVD player or the quality of my patience wen im driving.

DA_BOOTYFILLA
Unregistered guest
I have purchased to sets of the Durabrand dual LCD mobile dvd system. The first worked great until my 2 year old kept kicking and grabbing the cord. The 9 pin dim cable that connects the LCD to the base has video, audio, and power all running throught it. With that being said becareful that you dont pull on the cables whil they are connected. This happened to me and two of the pins got bent and shorted the main unit. I saved the package and the reciept for the 4 months that i had it, so i was able to just return it for a new one. The new one i got worked great until some jerk stole it out of my wifes SUV. This leads me to the second one i purchased but the third one i have had. The new model now has a black plastic support where the cable plugs in. Ok i am done rambling (to much coffe at the office), this system kicks butt!! Where else can you but 2 LCD screens and a dvd player for your car for 200 and someting dollars. The video is pretty good, audio is just fine, and all in all its a great value. later, jt

Unregistered guest
Someone have the code to do pvs 1970 of durabrand multiregion

Anonymous

I have a Venturer PVS 1960 that I bought about 6 months ago. We only used it about 4 times when my son pulled out a cord and the thing quit working after that. I contacted someone at http://www.18002526123.com/ and they said they would fix or replace the unit for $25.

Annemusic
Unregistered guest
We just bought the Durabrand w/ 2 screens for our vacations this summer....glad I tried it out BEFORE the trip!! It worked for 5 minutes, and then the 2nd screen stopped working!! The main unit worked fine and the video games that came with it we great. I took it back and got my money back!! I am now looking for a single screen NAME BRAND---or maybe none at all. Why should we have the kids having to be entertained 24/7??? They can endure the long road trips like WE did!! Books, music, looking out the window or SLEEPING! HA! I will NOT be buying anything electronic at WALMArt again!

Unregistered guest
I bought a pvs1960 and it worked great for almost a year. Now the CD spins for just a sec and then it stops and won't play at all. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 567
Lens cleaner, possibly needs the whole pickup replaced.

Buy Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood/Clarion next time you want a unit with LCD technology.

Anonymous

We bought this DVD player from Wal-Mart. Lasted 10 months, died, called the customer support number and for $45.00 USD, we're getting a replacement. The number is 800.894.0956, Audiovox. The label on the machine said ALCO.

Lizabeth
Unregistered guest
I also have the "Invalid Disk" problem. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 41
Bottom line is the old addage, "You get what you paid for" also being an installer, it just looks alot better when tvs are mounted(flush prefered).Also, just because you spend $1000, does not mean you wont have any problem, remember its just electronics. But when buying, try to remember who has best warranty policy if possible.

TheHERD
Unregistered guest
This item may be a piece of crap but at least you can return anything to Walmart.

Cecilia
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to buy dvd player with ony one screen and then buy a second screen to connect to it?

Also, I have an old portable VCR unit for the car. The VCR does not work anymore. Does anyone know if I can buy a dvd payer with one screen and hook this vcr screen up to it?

Unregistered guest
My DVD keeps saying invalid disc.Is it possible to buy a different brand DVD.

wijdlkfjlsj
Unregistered guest
THIS THING SUCKS! Broke after 1 yr. Spins but doesn't read anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us