New 2005 Alpine Headunits - Any info?

Username: Helpermonkey

Post Number: 1
Any information on what the 2005 Alpine product line will be? I've heard Information comes out sometime between now through January, with the models coming out in March. Is this correct? What's the best source for finding the information when it does come out?

I'm holding off on getting a 9835 with the iPod hookup and Sirius until I see if the new models offer an even better user interface for the iPod.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Post Number: 2
anyone ??

if not, how bout a suggestion on a forum where someone might know.

sarc22
Unregistered guest
I believe the new models will be out in February because if you go to the Alpine site you will see in their news section that Alpine products will be sold a Best Buy starting in February 2005. It is an educated guess that these will be 2005 products.

Post Number: 3
found the press releases

SECOND GENERATION OF SATELLITE RADIO READY HEAD UNITS FROM ALPINE ELECTRONICS BRING ENHANCED USER INTERFACE

Nine Head Units Bring XM, Sirius and More Opportunities for Individuality

TORRANCE, Calif. Jan. 6, 2005 -- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., has introduced nine second-generation Satellite Radio Ready head units with enhanced user interface features and superior sound quality for accessing XM Satellite Radio or Sirius Satellite Radio.

Starting at $250, the 2005 head units have new source indicators for Sirius and XM, proprietary interface and features for easier navigation of music files and improved music playback.

QuickSearch keys and the ergonomic rotary knob make it easy and convenient to search for songs on a satellite radio service. Consumers can search for music on another channel while enjoying their current selection. When they are ready for their next song, it's as easy as pushing in the knob.

Five of the head units offer Alpine's exclusive MediaXpander feature that restores the original audio detail to compressed digital media formats for truer, more lifelike sound inside the car. Employing a 500 Mhz processor, MediaXpander is available for five sources -- MP3/WMA, CD, DVD, FM and Satellite Radio.

Alpine's Satellite Radio Ready head units for 2005 include:
CDA-9855, CDA-9853 and CDA-9851 from Alpine's "SwingFace" family
CDA-9847 from the "Classic" series
IVA-D901 and IVA-D310 DVD Mobile Multimedia Stations
CVA-1014 Mobile Multimedia Station
DVA-9965 DVD Tuner
DVA-9860 DVD Receiver

If the consumer wants either Sirius or XM, he or she would need to purchase a separate Sirius tuner box and pay for the Sirius subscription, or an XM tuner box and pay for the XM subscription through an authorized Alpine retailer. The tuner boxes can be added to 2004 Ai-NET head units as well. Sirius offers over 120 channels beginning at $12.95 a month. XM has more than 130 channels with service beginning at $9.95 per month.

The new GlideTouch interface is available on the DVA-9965, CDA-9855 and CDA-9853. GlideTouch is a small horizontal strip located on the lower front of the head unit, replacing traditional preset buttons. Fashioned similarly to a silicon rubber touch pad on a laptop computer, it recognizes the pressure and speed of the user's fingertip to provide an easy interface with sources. Users slide their finger across the slim bar and press directly on the bar to make a selection, in the same manner as making a selection with a preset button. The DVA-9965 and CDA-9855 also have graphical icons, which are displayed on the faceplate and represent the various sources connected to the unit, one of which is a Satellite Radio icon.

The IVA-D310 DVD Mobile Multimedia Station has Alpine's own PulseTouch touch-screen technology. PulseTouch gives users tactile feedback confirmation when touching a button on the unit's 7-inch monitor. Satellite radio channels can be easily accessed through the PulseTouch interface on this unit.

The Alpine units have dedicated Satellite Radio source indicators. The word "XM" or "Sirius" will display on the faceplate, depending on the provider that is chosen by the consumer.

"We were the first manufacturer to provide a choice when it comes to XM or Sirius," said Stephen Witt, Alpine's vice president of Brand Marketing. "Our 2005 products are the second generation of Satellite Radio Ready head units that combine the best in Alpine sound quality with the newest interface features."

Pricing and Availability
CDA-9855 -- CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
Availability -- April
Suggested retail index -$500 CDA-9853 -- CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
Availability -- March
Suggested retail index -$400 CDA-9851 -- CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
Availability -- January
Suggested retail index -$300 CDA-9847 -- CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
Availability -- January
Suggested retail index -$250 IVA-D310 -- DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Mobile Multimedia Station
Availability -- April
Suggested retail index -$1,600 IVA-D901 -- DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Mobile Multimedia Station
Availability -- Now
Suggested retail index -$2,400 CVA-1014 -- Receiver/Mobile Multimedia Station
Availability -- February
Suggested retail index -$850 DVA-9965 -- DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Tuner
Availability -- August
Suggested retail index -$1,600 DVA-9860 -- DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
Availability -- May
Suggested retail index -$550

ALPINE ELECTRONICS INTRODUCES SECOND GENERATION OF READY FOR IPOD HEAD UNITS

TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 6, 2005 -- Audiophiles and iPod lovers rejoice! Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. today announced that its 2005 lineup of nine second-generation Ready for iPod in-dash head units and Mobile Multimedia Stations, have enhanced user interface features such as a dedicated iPod icon for direct source selection and identification on the unit's display screen. Alpine was the first to deliver an aftermarket system integration solution for using the iPod in the car, and is again leading the way in 2005 with Ready for iPod head units that offer exclusive GlideTouch technology and a new easy-to-use slider function on the second-generation PulseTouch screen.

With Alpine's KCA-420i Interface Adapter for iPod it is possible to use an iPod with an Alpine car stereo without sacrificing sound quality or convenience. With the new head units, the experience allows for integration of the iPod's controls right from the display. The 2005 Ready for iPod head units offer simplified, user-friendly iPod control, allowing iPod users to search and select listening options.

Consumers can quickly search and listen to their iPod tracks directly from their head unit, or remote control, eliminating the need to handle the iPod while it's in the car. With the KCA-420i, song title, artist, album and/or playlist information are displayed right on the head unit. With GlideTouch-equipped head units and the new slider function on the second-generation PulseTouch screens, users can now search playlists, artist, album and song lists easier and faster in the car.

GlideTouch is a small horizontal strip located on the lower front of the in-dash head unit replacing traditional preset buttons. Fashioned similarly to a silicon rubber touch pad on a laptop computer, it recognizes the pressure and speed of the user's fingertip to provide an easy interface with sources. GlideTouch is found on three of the Ready for iPod head units. PulseTouch uses vibrations, pressure and sound to simulate the sensation of using real buttons on a touch screen. For 2005, Alpine has improved its award-winning HMI (human to machine interface) by adding intuitive on-screen finger stroke slider functionality and sound control programming settings, which is found on the IVA-D310 Mobile Multimedia Station.

"Digital music content is a primary source of entertainment for millions of consumers and they don't want to be without it in the car. The challenge many face is that the iPod may sound good from their headphones, but the in-car experience can be less than satisfying without the right equipment. That's not a problem with Alpine's Ready for iPod head units," said Stephen Witt, vice president of Alpine's Brand Marketing. "While there may be other adapters out there, our 'Ready for iPod' solutions provide optimal in-vehicle sound and operation with the iPod, making them the best on the road."

Alpine's Interface Adapter for iPod enables the in-dash receiver's exclusive Bass Engine technology to be used to experience optimized sound quality and control of digital music files in the car. The solution allows users to control iPod playback using the head unit's front panel buttons or remote; view song information (artist, album and/or song name) on the display; and easily search for songs through the receiver's Quick Search interface. Alpine's exclusive MediaXpander technology enhances detail in compressed digital media, bringing essence and life back to the music as the artist had originally intended.

The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod is a hide-away design and can be installed anywhere in the vehicle -- under a seat, in the glove box or behind the dash. A single cable connects the adapter to the Alpine head unit, while a second cable connects the adapter to the iPod through the iPod dock connector. When the vehicle is on, the Interface Adapter also charges the iPod's internal battery.

Consumers can learn more about the KCA-420i and use an interactive demo about the product at "http://www.alpine-usa.com/driveyouripod"www.alpine-usa.com/driveyouripod.

Pricing and Availability
The KCA-420i is available now from authorized Alpine dealers at a suggested retail index of $100. The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod is compatible with any updated iPod with a dock connector, iPod photo or iPod mini.

Alpine's 2005 Ai-NET head units, sold separately, are available through authorized dealers at suggested retail prices starting at $250. iPod, iPod photo and iPod mini, sold separately, are available in the U.S. through the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

Post Number: 4
one more

ALPINE UNVEILS INDUSTRY-FIRST GLIDETOUCH TECHNOLOGY AND MEDIA CONNECTIVITY WITH 2005 SWINGFACE CD HEAD UNITS

TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 6, 2005 -- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. today introduced its new line up of 2005 SwingFace in-dash CD receivers featuring an industry first for user control with the introduction of their proprietary GlideTouch technology. The new receivers combine this new Human-to-Machine Interface (HMI) with superior options for digital media performance.

GlideTouch is a revolutionary change to the standard head unit interface bringing PC "touch pad" technology to in-dash units for faster and easier navigation through large digital media content like MP3/WMA on CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, iPod and Satellite Radio. Marrying a linear layout touch pad with new on-screen graphical icons improves the unit's at-a-glance usability.

GlideTouch is a small horizontal strip located on the lower front of the in-dash head unit replacing traditional preset buttons. Fashioned similarly to a silicon rubber touch pad on a laptop computer, it recognizes the pressure and speed of the user's fingertip to provide an easy interface with sources. Users slide their finger across the slim bar and press directly on the bar to make a selection, in the same manner as making a selection with a preset button.

Alpine's top-of-the-line SwingFace CD head units are the CDA-9855, CDA-9853 and CDA-9851. The SwingFace units feature a detachable front panel that swings down for access to the CD loading slot. The CDA-9855 comes with multicolor RGB illumination and a premium BioLite display, providing a much wider viewing angle than conventional displays and outstanding visibility, even in harsh daylight. The new GlideTouch technology is available on both the CDA-9855 and CDA-9853. All Alpine 2005 head unit power ratings are compliant to the CEA-2006 power specification.

All the SwingFace head units are compatible with today's digital music files. For satellite radio fans, Alpine lets consumers choose between Sirius or XM Satellite Radio service; all Ai-NET head units work with either product. The new 2005 Alpine Ai-NET head units display the word "XM" or "Sirius" as a source on the faceplate, depending on the provider chosen by the consumer.

The SwingFace units represent the second generation of Alpine head units that are Ready for iPod. With the KCA-420i Interface Adapter for iPod ($100), users can control iPod playback using the head unit's front panel buttons or remote and view song information (playlist, artist, album and/or song name) on the display. The iPod is recognized as a dedicated source on the head units. On the CDA-9855, the iPod, and other audio sources, are represented via easily recognizable icons on the display.

Alpine's SwingFace units also all have built-in MP3/WMA playback featuring a 32-bit processor-driven transport to ensure highest quality playback of files recorded on today's ultra-fast computers.

To make navigating through large iPod/MP3/WMA libraries easier, Alpine's head units feature a simplified user interface called Quick Search that enables users to navigate through playlists, folders, files and channels with simple, easy-to-use controls. Alpine's exclusive MediaXpander technology restores lost detail to compressed digital media, bringing essence and life back to the music as the artist had originally intended.

Additionally, the SwingFace units are compatible with steering wheel remote controls, making it possible for consumers to connect with some of their favorite in-vehicle conveniences. A separate vehicle-specific interface box, made by third-party manufacturers, is required.

"Alpine's 2005 SwingFace units are ready for anything: satellite radio, iPod or steering wheel remote use," said Stephen Witt, vice president of brand marketing for Alpine Electronics. "Consumers will benefit from the flexibility and personalization that these units offer."

The 2005 SwingFace units are customizable with Alpine's exclusive i-Personalize menu key. With i-Personalize, users can modify the head unit's Bass Engine sound tuning, RGB lighting, amplifier control and other set up features through one button on the receiver's face. i-Personalize enables drivers to select from 512 color options for the LED illumination, allowing them to match their head unit lighting to the dash or even to their mood.

The CDA-9855 and CDA-9853 models also feature Alpine's exclusive Amplifier Link technology, which enables drivers to control up to eight 4-channel or mono amplifiers directly through the head unit. Using the KCE-511M Amplifier Link interface box ($50), amplifier status, such as temperature, voltage and fan indications, can be displayed on the head unit.

The 2005 Alpine SwingFace head units are available through authorized Alpine Electronics dealers.

The CDA-9855 and CDA-9853 models also feature Alpine's exclusive Amplifier Link technology, which enables drivers to control up to eight 4-channel or mono amplifiers directly through the head unit. Using the KCE-511M Amplifier Link interface box ($50), amplifier status, such as temperature, voltage and fan indications, can be displayed on the head unit.

Username: Sqnotspl

Post Number: 3
We want pictures damnit. Specifically the D310 and 9855.

I cant believe nobody from CES has posted ANYTHING Alpine.

Here's what Alpine's new amps look like...

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/img/asb/mrd-m1005.gif

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 90
i dont like the look of the new amps:\
the new type R equipment looks promising tho

i dont see the 9855 9853 or d310 on there website for some reason
all of the other new stuff seems to be there

Username: J_1alpine

Colorado

Post Number: 2
I will post some pictures of some of the new head units. I will also have pictures of other products tomorrow. The alpine rep will be at my work tomorrow

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 339
post em dude!!

andyxxxxxxxxx
Unregistered guest
http://response.jp/issue/2005/0112/article67001_1.html

There is a picture of the IVA-310 on the right hand side.

daviddavidw
Unregistered guest
Anyone know if the new headunits/KCA-420i will charge an iPod? I know the Pioneer units are plugging this as a feature, but I wasn't sure if the Alpine do it as well.

Username: Thecash

Post Number: 1
The short answer David is 'yes'
Technically it's not the headunit, but the KCA-420i unti that the ipod plugs into that will be doing the charging though. I stopped by a local installer this afternoon and saw a demo. It's really sweet how it's set up. The ipod displays the Alpine logo while attached, and navigation with the new CDA-9551 (the only second gen ipod compatible HU from alpine available right now) is a snap. I can't wait to see what the interface looks like on the 9855.

The biggest boone for Alpine for anyone looking to buy a new HU with Ipod hookup specifically in mind is the mindblowing difference the MediaeXpander feature makes. I thought it was awesome when listening to the radio... just wait till you hear the difference it makes for compressed music.

I'm buying a new car in a few months and was seriously considering pulling my current 9815 out and installing it, but now that I've had a taste of hot Ipod-on-Alpine HU action I'm definately going to be trading up. Now if I can just find the adapter that lets me control the deck with the built in steering wheel controls.

vbrookslv
Unregistered guest
I saw their booth at CES, and specifically the CDA-9853 and CDA-9855.

Both are impressive. The glidetouch thing is pretty slick. I have been waiting for explanations of some of the features, as the Alpine website is a bit worthless. They did seem like nice units though, and worth waiting for. I was torn on picking up the 9830 from crutchfield.com because it was down to $249 (model closeout, I'm sure). I think I'll wait. ALso, when I spoke to them in the booth, they said there will be much wider compatibility with OEM steering wheel controls (via 3rd party unit). They mentioned some programmability in the deck to customize the results of the steering controls. No real solid info yet, but I was impressed. But, that 7890 (the DVD-MP3) was slick too, but not for $900.. I dunno. I like the idea of burning my whole collection on a couple of dual layer DVD's.
Just my $.02
oh, ps.. If I get a chance, I will scan in the brochure from their booth that has info on all the new models. PDF it or something.

TheBum
Unregistered guest
My question is: What are the limitations on the number of songs per playlist/artist/album for teh iPod on the 2005 models? The 2004 models were pretty restrictive.

Anonymous

Any word on a release date yet?

twotonesun
Unregistered guest
hears a pic
wish i new how to make link sorry

cda 9855
forum.caraudiovideo.com/viewtopic.php?t=25252

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 124
wtf that mtx sub is disguisting

Anonymous

Are there any Head Units out now that give will alow you to use the stearing wheel controls? Specifically a 97 Jeep Gr Cher LTD

daviddavidw
Unregistered guest
Better picture

http://i.timeinc.net/popsci/images/goods/goods0205alpine_730x238.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 340
thats awesome

alanut
Unregistered guest
Crutchfield now has an expected release date of 2/28.

Durf2122
Unregistered guest
all right i went to get a cd player with mp3 playback and i got to this audio store and the dude says that alpine is comin out with a new head unit that plays mp3's and the cheapest model is only about 140 dollars. He said that they should be in any time in january and they were on order can anybody tell me a date or if this is a good choice.

Post Number: 5
Alanut- Where on Crutchfield did you see that release date for the 9855?

alanut
Unregistered guest
Sorry, I was referring to the 9851, not the 9855.

Skykingrgc
Unregistered guest
Hey Graham, New Alpine IVA-310? I was looking on Alpine's website ( banner pic near top of page )http://www.alpine.com/e/products/index.html I saw something interesting. Is this Alpine's first public photo of the new IVA-D310? Look at the picture posted by andyxxxxxxxxx. They look the same and this sure isn't the D300, CVA-1014, or the TMI-990. Whatcha think? I will buy one as soon as they hit the stores.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us