Opinions on good HU for around $150-200

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 13
Hey guys. I've decided that I would like to get a decent HU.

Right now I have a Sony thats a piece of crap. From reading around on the board, I've been looking at the Pioneer Premier line and at Alpines. I'm not sure what features are actually useful and which ones aren't, though.

I was wondering what your opinions were for a HU in this price range. Any specific models?

I don't necessarily need to play MP3's, but I would like to have some features on it. So far I have a 12" Adire Shiva, so some subwoofer features would be nice. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help!!

Brian

Bry
Unregistered guest
I dont have any experience with Pioneers. But, i've got an Alpine CDA-9831 and its got some nice features on it :-)
4 band parametric EQ and an option to save ur own custom EQ settings (2 actually), customizeable settings for LPF and HPF, Time Correction for imaging and all this u can do via I-Personalize ability : make ur own settings/adjustments etc. online via Alpine's website which u can download and burn on a cdr. Sub-woofer volume adjustment, Mp3/Wma/XM Sat. radio ready, motorized face : 3 tiltable preset position.. a bunch more features. Check their website for more detailed specs. The CDA 9833 is a step up from the 9831 with a 8 band parametric EQ if i remember right..
Take a look at both brand's products and features. Decide which features u want and start the process of elimination :-)
Peace and good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 14
Anybody have an opinion if Alpines are better than the Premiers? any reason why?

Thanks!

rocco
Unregistered guest
I have a sony xplod head unit with a problem - nothing will store on the memory. I have to customize the options and the EQ tuning every time i turn it back on. i dont think it is a problem with the cars electrics because it has a digital clock and mileage display constant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us