Speaker Size : 5 vs. 6

Eat at Joe's
Unregistered guest
I listen to alot of Alt.Rock, Metal & HipHop. Which size shuld i go for?
and out of which brand : Focal,DLS,Morel,Diamond Audio or MB Q?
(Their lower entry level products..i got a $150 budget)
What are the disadvantges of a 5.35?

Anonymous

wlee if ur on a budget likw that forget the mb quarts and the focal too much mula with a budget like that just get some pioneers sorry to burst your bubble just speaking the truth

Eat at Joe's
Unregistered guest
Okay..let's say we forget about the budget for a moment.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 299
Forget the budget, go with Focal Utopias, or DynAudio.

Now to your first question. I would just start listening. Its really a matter of taste when comparing the higher quality brands. You might look into boston acoustic also. IMO they are right with the other brands you mentioned.

As for the 6.5 compared to the 5.25, the 6.5 will play a slightly lower frequency. If you have room I would go with the 6.5s. If not the 5.25 will most likely sound fine.

Eat at Joe's
Unregistered guest
Thanks for responding Jeremy. Is there a noticeable difference in the music, if say the 6 and 5 had a similar freq. response of 50hz-20khz? Would the 6 still have dat extra lower freq. just from its size alone?
I'm having a tough time deciding on the two sizes cuz i wanted something that has a good lower freq. range since i wont be running subs anytime soon and would like to have some bass in the music.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2892
6" then. 5 1/4s suck for midbass, it takes a good 6.5" just to get some decent midbass response. 6.5" are more well balanced IMO.

Eat at Joe's
Unregistered guest
That's what i thought! :-) ... but i got confused from looking at the freq. response specs...
Jon what do u think of my question above :
"say the 6 and 5 had a similar freq. response of 50hz-20khz? Would the 6 still have dat extra lower freq. just from its size alone? ".

Username: Psycho93

Post Number: 8
well i think it would because like you said the size but an answer to your first question i think you should go with mb quart or focal now remember focal is alot more expensive than mb quart for the top line of focal each ok not both each 6.5 is about 800. bucks so in other words do mb quarts for around that price and you get two 6.5 with tweetetrs and a crossover for each speaker

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 956
If you want to be realistic, then Infinity 6.5" are within your budget. They do sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 320
They might state the same frequancy range but the fact is the 6.5 will sound better at the low freqs. The fact is they have more surface area so the can move more air.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us