Polk DB Series HELP

Username: Hairbndlvr

Neenah, Wi Us

Post Number: 1
I am upgrading my 96 Plymouth Voyager van. I bought a Alpine CDA9831 Deck and a Alpine MRVF450 5 channel Amp I thought I would go with Polk DB5250 5 1/4 Comp. in the dash Polk DB690 6x9 in the rear, and Audiobahn AMD60Q Midbass in the door. DOes this sound like a good combo? Is there a better speaker for the price out there? Are the Polk owners out there happy with the sound quality and the durability?? Any help would be awesome.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmiller

Post Number: 12
He Chris, I have 2 pairs of DB650 in my 04 Accord and they sound graet. And at $150 for all 4 it make it sound even better.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 26
Have the Polk dB series in the wife's Xterra...had to change out the tweet...way too harsh sounding (nothing like their home speakers).
I suppose it all depends on how you like your highs to sound. CDT makes some great sounding comps with a nice mellow tweeter and you can get them for a good price if you shop around.
Just my opinion of course.

Username: Hairbndlvr

Neenah, Wi Us

Post Number: 2
Just to get back to everyone....... I am hearing alot of good things about CDT speakers they are a little pricy but all I have read is very positive. Feedback anyone??

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 29
How much power are you looking at sending to your comps? You can get some CDT CL-61a's at www.thezeb.com for about $150 and they'll handle a little better than 100rms a piece
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us