EBay dilema

Username: Pologreen

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 4
So I won an auction for a Pionner DEX-P1R (Premier HU). My winning bid was for $178. The little research I did before bidding told me this was a very nice HU (for the money). Appears to be about 3 or 4 years old. Here is the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5738216670&ssPageName= STRK:MEWN:IT
After winning, the guy emails me and said that "It is an insult at that price". He wants me to pay $300 shipped, or he will "let it rot in the closet" It all seems kind of silly to me (put nicely). So, how good is this deck anyway? Here is the link to the Pionner web site:
2076_4041_36944_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent,http://www.p ioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_36944_tab=B,00.html?compNa me=PNA_ProductDetailComponent
Now, what ever happens, I'm not making a big deal out of this 'cause it's just not worth the trouble. I suppose he could have just charged me $100 in shipping and made it ugly. What are your thoughts???

Username: Jame248

NC

Post Number: 3
That is insane. You should report it to eBay.

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
Sorry about the links. Just type in 5738216670 in the search line when it sends you to eBay.

Tweak48
Unregistered guest
Apparently "idragon20s" was too stupid to use a reserve, or set the starting bid at a price he was comfortable with. You can and should teach him a lesson. You could:

1. Leave negative feedback, explaining how he reneged. He has 100% positive now, so that would hurt. He could retaliate however, and that wouldn't do you any good.

2. You could report him to eBay, but I believe they won't do much unless he is a repeat offender.

3. You could agree to call off the deal, but only after he leaves you positive feedback, and then leave him feedback at whatever level you both agree with. He'll get stuck paying the eBay fees, unless he accuses you of being a non-paying bidder.

Good luck.

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the tips Tweak, but I'm still wondering if I should talk this guy into letting me have it for the price I won it at. After searching for other DEX-P1R's, it seems like a fair price considering the age of the thing. What do you guys think this HU is worth? Does he have a valid point? What would I need to buy that has all the same features? I will not play his game and pay $300 for it, but maybe $220 or so, shipped. Like you said Tweak, I think we both like our 100% ratings. So maybe both of us could bend some.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us