Are CDT Components all they're cracked up to be?

Bronze Member
Username: Irocka528

NJ

Post Number: 12
How good is CDT really? I'm trying to purchase a pair of either HD-62's or ES620's. Are there better speakers out there, and are they cheaper?

Bronze Member

NJ

Post Number: 13
like, I heard that CDT is "the best out there"...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6694
for the money CDT is one of the best deals you'll find, yes.
there are better speakers, but you'll pay considerably more for that.. like DynAudio, Rainbow, Morel, DLS, Focal's top end, etc.
CDT is very comparable to any of the equivelant lines from companies like MB Quart, Kicker, Infinity, RF, or Boston Acoustics.
I've only ever had one person complain about a set of CDT separates, and he got the CL-61a set, which was their low end set, and he wanted something "more" (louder) after he got used to them. Aside from that, which was really a case of not spending enough to get the speakers that would do what he wanted, I've not had anyone complain.

Bronze Member

NJ

Post Number: 14
hmm, thanks a lot. I didn't know DLS was better than CDT

Bronze Member
Username: Brooks

Tampa, Fl USA

Post Number: 18
After extensively looking at 6.5 comps, I found that DLS sounded best to my ears and wallet. I was originally looking at CDT CL-61t's (and actually ordered them) but had to change plans due to mounting depth problems. The DLS reference PS series has an amazing complexity to the sound that just opens things up. Their ultimate iridium series is supposed to be some of the best on the planet. Give them a listen before you decide.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us