What should I do sorry its so long

Username: Psycho93

Post Number: 1
I HAVE 2 15 INCH DUAL VOICE COIL CERWIN VEGA STROKERS IN A CUSTOM BOX A PC21400 TO PICK THOSE UP I ALSO HAVE A PCX480 TO PICK UP MB QUART ALL Q SERIES 6&1/2 COMP. SET 4X6 COMP. SET 4 MB QUART 19.02NX TWEETERS TWO LIGHTNING AUDIO DIGITAL CAPS WITH DISTRIBUTER ALPINE IVA-C801 INDASH TV W/ALPINE 12 DISC CD CHANGER AND ALPINE 7 BAND DIGITAL EQ MODEL ERA-G320 WITH A MULTI BATTERY ISOLATOR IM USING A YELLOW TOP OPTIMA IN FRONT AND A RED TOP FOR RESERVE BATTERY AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST I HAVE AN OVER HEAD TV W/DVD PLAYER AND IM PUTTING ALL THIS IN A 1993 CHEVY SUBURBAN. NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE DO I CANCEL OUT THE 4X6 THAT I WAS GOING TO PUT IN THE BACK AND INSTAL 6X9 MB QUARTS IN BOXES 1 ON EACH SIDE AND ALSO SHOULD I USE ALL 0 GAGE OR TWO 4 GAGE LINES ALL THE WAY THROUGH PLEASE RESPOND WITH CLEAR INFO IM REALLY STUCK HERE ALSO MY DOOR PANELS DONT HAVE SPEAKER HOLES SHOULD I GET CUSTOM KICK PANELS FOR THE 6&1/2S OR JUST CUT THE HOLE ON THE DOOR PANELS THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK I APPRECIATE IT

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6697
firstly, please, no capslock.
that gives me a major headache, but I'm in a good mood so I tried to plow through it anyway.

secondly, nice system there. good taste in gear and pretty well thought out.

thirdly, your questions..
in back I'd put 6.5" coaxials in the 4x6 openings behind factory grilles. not 6x9 and not 4x6. I dislike oval speakers. they distort.

run 1/0ga cable from the battery, and for the motor to ground, alt to batt, and batt to ground.
at the amplifiers, use a distro block to split down to smaller cable for each amplifier and for grounding. try www.knukonceptz.com

s for front stage, you can use kick pods.
If you plan to keep the truck, and your doors are thick enough which they are in that SUV, I'd consider cutting doors to install component separates for better speaker position.
having the speakers a bit higher up in the doors gives a better soundstage, so it doesn't sound like everything is by your ankles.

Username: Psycho93

Post Number: 5
hey thanks for the info i already have a distro block but i didnt understand this part(in back I'd put 6.5" coaxials in the 4x6 openings behind factory grilles) why would i put 6.5 in the back if im putting them in the front and i made a mistake the speakers are 4" comp sets w/ the tweeter and crossover i also didnt understand this part(run 1/0ga cable from the battery, and for the motor to ground, alt to batt, and batt to ground.)on the door installment you think i should just put the tweeters up on top on the door panel and the 6.5 higher on the door better than kick panels well thanks again if u have any more info hit me up and sorry for the cap locks man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us