Engine noise thru head units

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 53
ok, i used to drive a cadillac, and the system i have in my lincoln was in that. for some reason, my pioneer premier deh-760mp head unit was emitting really high pitched engine noise in the cadillac (at least CC thought it was the head unit...). so at one CC they told me to go to the other CC who originally installed it and get money for the head unit (since i didnt acutally buy the unit at CC). so i bitched out the manager and got 240 bucks for it, eventually.

so i buy a new head unit, pioneer deh-960mp, and it works fine in the lincoln. i installed my subs and the head myself, and it worked fine. when cc put my new speaks in and the four channel, it started making that nasty sound again. so they told me the new one was defective too, and they gave me a loaner alpine, which does the job but kinda sucks.

apparently, the cadillac had screwed up both head units with some feedback crap. the noise seems to only happen when the rca's are used.

my question is this:
do you guys know what this problem is, or is caused by? is there a part i can order from pioneer? here are links to the parts pages for my head units:
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model....elNum=DEHP760MP

and

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model....elNum=DEHP960MP

or.... do i have to send it in to be serviced? even if the job is under warranty, i'd have to pay the shipping both ways, so id prefer not to do this if i can just get a part. thanks for yer help!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 609
you may want to take it to a dedicated car audio shop, CC isnt' all that knowledgable about well....anything, chances are a local audio shop could figure out the problem and fix it for you for next to nothing. Most installers are happy to talk to you on a cigarette break (if they smoke) or a down town

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 54
ok thanks for the advice

Unregistered guest
it's probally your rca's i have had this problem befor and changing to a good quality rca solved the problem right away also if you have them pinched under a seat or in a door i am very sure this is one of the problems also mabey a good ground for the deck and amps
good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us