Speaker - Amp Match

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 281
OK I have a spare Kenwood KAC 626 amp that I have laying around. I would like to add it to my system along with either 6.5" co-axials or a 6.5" 2way component system. The amp i believe does 50w x 2 @ 4 RMS. What would be a good set of speakers (relatively cheap) that would match up good with this. I currently have a V-Max running off a MTX 311d and some old Alpine 6.5" co-axials running off a Rockford 60ix in the front. My CD player is an old JVC that drastically needs to be swapped out and will be with an Alpine 9827.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 894
Try Infinity 6.5" speakers. They're moderately priced and give great sound.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 282
thanks isaac. which ones are you specifically talking about. glass. i know you talk about the kappa perfects alot. are the kappa perfs co-axials good also? and would the co-axs run good off of 50watts?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 913
I have Infinity 6.5" coaxial speakers. They sound great. If you have the extra cash, go with the component system. I on the other hand decided to put in another 2 pair of 6.5" speakers at the front instead of buying component. If done properly, I think it sounds better. I get very chrisp mids and the highs.
I have discovered that to achieve the almost "perfect" sound, you need more than just a set of good speakers. The amp, speakers, crossover all have to balance. Then you'll notice a huge difference in sound quality. I used to think my system sounded great cause it was able to produce all the notes. Then I was at a shopping mall and listened to a live orchestra. That showed me how 2 dimentional my stereo sounded.
After 3 amps and 8.1 speakers, it almost sounds like a concert now. I never knew the songs I used to listen, had so many instruments playing in the background. I could almost pick them out individually.
I hope you guys know what I'm talking about here. There are car stereos that sound great and then there's those that sound like a concert. That's the best I can explain.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2838
I'm more for keeping it simple. Same mentality as IASCA competitors, less is better. Optimally you'd have a single driver that could produce all frequencies, but technology still doesn't allow us to do that. Most setups I've done have been 2 ways, mids in kicks and tweets in the dash or pillars, with processing or crossover phase adjustment to provide enough phase shift to balance timing out. Install is 90% of how a system sounds, anyone into audio needs to remember this. Furthering Isaacs statement, don't think just bolting in a high end component system will provide perfect sound quality. Imaging is dependant on the driver location in a system, and kick panels usually provide best results for this since the pathlength differences balance out better. There is a difference like he says, with a properly installed setup, you can close your eyes and point out the location of every vocalist and instrument. The sound shouldn't sound like it's coming from the speakers, it should be transparent and add depth, the speakers shouldn't reveal themselves.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 284
ok Jonathan. if install is 90% should i have it professionally done or do they not even really know what they are doing other than making it look nice? also how much would kick panels cost? i have a 93 nissan maxima.

Username: Islandman

Barbados

Post Number: 1
Hi guys. I'm new to the board but i have a few questions i would like to ask. I am now building a system and so far i have the alpine cdm 9281 receiver (cheap but works fine)and two 12" dual 4 ohm mtx subs (RT12-44. What is the best amp to push these subs? 1 or 2 channel? I drive a 1997 Toyota 4 runner and need 6.5 speakers to upgrade from the factory set. Any suggestions on what type i should get? and will my system need an equalizer? There are so many brands that i am really confused. is lanzar any good? my budget is limited. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

NNNNNNNNNN
Unregistered guest
QUIT F*CKING HIJACKING POSTS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE YOU TO LAZY TO START ONE??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us