Which subs rex.x.x.18 or eclipse sw9182 pro 18

Username: Heavy_chevy

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 5
ok i have narrowed it down to some subs which 2 18's the re x.x.x or the eclipse sw 9182 pro would go good on 2 us amps de-3000 for a daily driver any input would be helpful thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2832
I wouldn't consider 2 Us amps de-3000s "daily driver" type of power, you'll have to have custom alternators (note the plural tense) and HUGE power cable to power two of them, not counting whatever amp you put on highs. As far as the subwoofers, I'd choose the X.X.X. for a little more musical application, for more SPL I'd choose the Ti Pro due to it's motor strength and huge mechanical excursion. Note that these really aren't daily driver subs either, I'd recommend two RE X.X.X. or Eclipse Titanium 12" subs for that, with about 1000 RMS each. SQ of either of these 18's isn't going to be that great, but choosing 18s I'd hope you know that. The 12s are more than capable of powering your SPL wants unless you plan to compete, and take MUCH less power.

Username: Heavy_chevy

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 6
i have four kicker s12l5 right now i want to change subs and amps and go bigger so would you say 4 re x.x.x 15's with 2 de-1000 theni just want to getsome good bass

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 587
personally, IMO, thats way overkill for a daily driver, hope you have a good alarm...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2834
4 X.X.X. 15s and 1 de-3000s (or 2 de1000s)would slam, it's just going to be so loud that you'll never use their full potential. They will work well and sound good doing it, as long as you are willing to accomodate the enormous current draw demands for those amps and also the space for the subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us