The right amp or another setup

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 288
Hey Glass an everyone else. From doing alot of reaserch, i'm going to purchase two 12 or 15 inch RE Triple x subs. They are dvc 2 ohm 1600 rms and 2500 peak. Now im looking for the perfect amp for them. I'm looking at the orion 1200d at 1ohm its 1200 rms and 2400 peak. Has anyone had experience with this amp or do you know of any other amps with those specs. I saw this amp on ebay for $500 which isnt bad. I wanted 2 w7 13's with two 1000/1 I would save money if I went with RE an I have freinds with the JL set up so I want something different. I beleive the RE setup would sound better. So if anyone has had experience with JL and RE give me your opinion on both. Im looking for some spl so I can win some local contest this summer. Oh an the car is a 96 ford taurus. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6619
put one of those Orions on each RE sub.
put each sub in a reinforced 3/4" MDF slot vented enclosure with 2cu ft per sub net volume after slot vent and driver displacement.
you should do well for SPL.

II've used both JL W7s and the RE subs, and I like the REs myself.
great SQ.. if all you want is SPL, look at their MT line, but the triple X is much better as a SQ sub for daily use.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6620
other advice: make sure your car's charging system is ready to handle those two Orion amps.
I'm using a pair of Orion 2250SX amps for my triple X subs. Yours would need about 120A of current per amplifier @ 1 ohm.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6621
oh and as an alternative, look at the Kicker SX1250.1
it puts out 1250wRMS x 1 @ 1 ohm.
the kx1200.1 is another alternative as is the JBL bp1200.1

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 289
Thanks for the advice Glass my freind build boxes, im going to make sure he uses your measurments. I am looking for a some sq and a lil spl, I also think this sub will do good. I guess im going ot need a way bigger alternator than I thought lol. Coming from you thats the setup im going to use. Thanks again.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 290
I think im going to stick with the orions I have a friend that owns a local shop an he said he could work out a deal for me, but im going to look into the other amps you mentioned. Thanks

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6639
hey if you can get a good deal on the orions, great.
go for it.
I was just offering some alternatives in a similar price range or cheaper with equal power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us